“Golf at Iberostar Golf course”

Iberostar Golf Club Cancun
Ranked #53 of 299 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was a good golf course. Well maintained. Cart and range balls are included as well as drinks. A couple very large gators greeted us on one hole as well as thousands of lizards running around.

All reviews
"sand traps"
in 5 reviews
"twilight rate"
in 3 reviews
"all you can eat and drink"
in 4 reviews
"golfnow"
in 5 reviews
"tees"

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I played at Iberstar down the coast in playa / I decided to try the newly taken over golf course in the hotel zone in Cancun , use to be the Hilton . I arrived by taxi and after getting out the driver asked for his fare ? I told him i was told transportation was included . After a few minutes of arguing he gave in / I then went in the pro shop to pay for my green fees . I was told it was 115.00 usd , so I then asked how much was that in pesos and was told 1500 ! Well I did quick math and knew that was not right , so I decided to pay in cash USD , I was told pesos or credit card only . So I was forced to pay the 1500 pesos .. The day was not starting out well as my friends were having the same problems . The attitude was as if I were doing them a favor / the course was in good shape but smelled of sewage and we had to play with a half dead golf cart ... I decided to call it a day and vow to never go back ... Hey I'm on vacation and its not like you had to wait to tee off the place is a victim of the economy and not busy at all . Why any one would take any abuse is beyond me . Oh and I had to pay for my cab ride back to my hotel / which was also suppose to be included .... Duped yet one more time ! Make sure you know the deal and who you spoke with before you attempt this course or you might be paying pebble beach prices with a complimentary sewage smell as a bonus !

2  Thank Fldsetter
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nice course, great staff, fair fees - I will golf there again!
First time in Cancun and wanted to golf there, I made the right choice going here.
I would recommend this course to anyone visiting Cancun.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

After many years of refusing to even consider mexico my wife managed to convince me. So putting safety first we didn't leave the hotel. I was also surprised to see that the swimming pool was heated and that was good because of Mexico weather Dec and Jan. This hotel was the cancun Hilton prior to feb 2012. Iberostar taken it over adding in the all inclusive. Ok the rooms were clean and nice our room had a beachview. Food was good 9/10 they had 4 restaurant gourmet was very good,Mexican was also good , A stake house and a Japanese that we didn't try. Entertainment was lacking but I still give it a 6/10. But where I really got impressed was the service if I can give then higher than 10 I would.