“night out away from all inclusive buffet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Outback Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 939 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“night out away from all inclusive buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

excellent service, wonderful steak and coconut shrimp. Great place to watch sports on tv if thats your thing, a great night out.

Visited May 2014
Community M, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi Lisa!

Thank you so much for your great review.

We really look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you once again.

• Slovak first
England, Essex!
“Terrible service ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Went to watch the football in the bar, waited maybe 15 minutes or more for a beer. A further 20 minutes for a tea.... Service was so slow we didn't bother to stay and eat although we had planned to.

Community M, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hi There
First let us thank you for your review , all comments from our guests are very important and all of them help us become always better.

Be sure We have taken immediate action to correct the misses we had during your visit

We would like to get more feedback from you, so our General Manager can adjust the operations if needed. If you could please send us an email to gustavom@meracorporation.com so we can follow up

Again we thank you much for your review and feedback

Best regards
North East UK
“Nice change from hotel restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I visited here while on holiday last week. We are all inclusive at the hotel we go to in Cancun but we always treat ourselves to a meal out during our holiday. This restaurant is just across the road from our hotel so makes it very handy to walk to.
We were welcomed on arrival and shown to our table. Didn't get our servers name but he was very friendly. Took our drinks order and left us to look through the menu. Good selection of food but we had been here before and knew the portions were quite large so opted for a main course and dessert rather than add an starter. We both chose steaks and our server explained what the sides were to add. We chose dressed baked potato and some mushrooms.
Not too long to wait for our food and when it came it was good. Steaks perfectly cooked, medium and the potato was good. The mushrooms in a red wine sauce were delicious and one portion was huge so pleased we didn't order one each.
I picked the ice cream sundae for dessert and my husband was choosing his. The server told us that the sundae was big and suggested we share one. I'm pleased we did. It was a struggle for both of us to get through it.
We both had a signature cocktail, a sirloin steak and sides plus a huge dessert. Price about £40 total so not bad I thought for what we had.
The restaurant decor is fine with the seating area mainly booth style tables with a u shaped bar. Tvs on the walls show various sports but they aren't obtrusive during your meal. Attached to the restaurant is a separate bar with a wall of tvs showing every sport, a sport lovers paradise I would think. Nice place to enjoy a drink and watch your team.

• Visited May 2014
¡Hola!

Thank you so much for your awesome review. We are thrilled you loved our fresh made from scratch food, our ice cold drinks and great energetic and personalized service.

We really look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you once again for your review.

Cheers mate!
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Only average this time-sorry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is one of our haunts when in Cancun. In fact we dream about Bloomin' Onions in the weeks leading up to our holiday. Normally we have a great time and perfectly good food. The Bloomin' Onion was nice and my husband enjoyed his main. I had sirloin steak and crispy prawns. My steak was rare when I had asked for medium rare and the prawn coating was "interesting". I would normally have sent it back but we had already had fun trying to communicate with our waitress who had definitely taken something mind altering before her shift so I just made do. Absolutely no atmosphere in there at all. A little disappointed chaps. Sorry

• Visited May 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

We visited the Outback in 2012 and enjoyed every minute the food was fantastic and was good value. HOWEVER we went this year and have never had such awful service in my life before. We were seated and given the menu the waitress returned several times within minutes to ask if we were ready to order each time we asked for 5 mins don't think they knew what 5 mins was. We placed our order and was served with the blooming onion within a few seconds of starting to eat there were several waiters and waitresses asking if everything was ok we found this a bit strange not to be left alone at first. We had not finished eating and The main course was brought to the table I was just placing a piece of bread into my mouth and my plate was taken from me with food still on the plate I had not finished eating and was shocked that they were that rude. All through the meal we were constantly asked if everything was ok, it was nothing short of being pestered while you eat I wanted to tell them what A bad service we were receiving but was ordered by my husband not to start because I would have gone mad and getting angry won't solve anything. We decided not to have a sweet as we had had enough of this service. Totally ruined our evening we were really looking forward to what we had experienced before, had it been the same with the same service it would have been worth the $80.00 won't be visiting again.

Visited May 2014
Respuesta buena pero con algun detalle
Hi There...
Thank you so much for your Review ... We are happy you liked our Fresh Made from Scratch Food, Our Ice Cold Drinks and energetic and personalized Service ..

We will be talking to our staff about your comments, and we would like to get more feedback from you so our General Manager can adjust the operations if needed. If you could please send us an email to gustavom@meracorporation.com so we can follow up

We really Look forward to seeing you soon

Cheers Mate ...