“Old World Charm”
Review of La Madonna

La Madonna
Ranked #43 of 957 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corona, California
“Old World Charm”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

While in Cancun we celebrated my daughter’s birthday at this wonderful restaurant. It is located in the La Isla Shopping Center which is directly across the street from our hotel. There are some tables outdoors for those wanting to have a drink and people watch. The inside is much more formal with three floors and beautiful decor. There is a large portrait of the Mona Lisa on one of the walls, several large sculptures and everything is quite formal.

We were offered a free cosmopolitan due our staying at the Westin Lagunamar. It was quite good. We also ordered the meatballs as an appetizer. They were wonderful and very tasty with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese. There was also bread with olive oil and vinegar. We gave my one year old granddaughter a piece of the bread and she approved! My son-in-law ordered spaghetti bolognese for his entree which he said was excellent. My daughter and I ordered veal parmigiana with basil pasta and marinara sauce. The veal was tasty, but not as good as the $38 USD price.

For dessert I opted for ice cream which was delicious. My son-in-law ordered the creme brulee which was also very good. My daughter ordered the chocolate mousse with passion fruit gel on top which was very disappointing. It was not soft as expected, but chewy. The passion fruit gel “saved the day.” Because they knew it was her birthday, they also brought her a tiramisu. She is not a coffee drinker, but it was a nice thought. She did eat some of it, but my son-in-law was the winner here as this is one of his favorite desserts. Perhaps when it came time to order the dessert, it would have been nice if they had offered her a choice, rather than letting us order dessert and bringing the tiramisu afterwards.

We had a very enjoyable time here and overall it was a delightful meal. I would rate this restaurant 3 1/2 stars if I could, as parts were superb and parts of the meal were somewhat lacking.

1 Thank JanetWK

• Korean first
LaGrange, Georgia
“Wonderful dinner in an exotic atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A friend had recommended this restaurant last year so we decided to try it.We are so glad we did.I had the scaloppini in limoncello sauce & my husband had the picata Milanese.Both were excellent.Ray was a wonderful waiter who gave us great suggestions.We will return.The restaurant is in the middle of La Isla Mall.

Pleasanton, California
“Exotic”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is an exotic looking resaturant I would recoment for couples without small children. The food is very good and the service is excellent. We will be back next time we are in Cancun. I love the Venitian Style Posy of Lettuce salad, and the Beef Carpaccio.

Visited December 2013
New York City
“Amazing giant statues”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Located in the mall on the main road, it's a shock when you walk in and see three story tall statues and a fifty foot high Mona Lisa. It's like they picked up the giant statues from the Lord of the Rings set.

The decor is so impressive, the food almost doesn't matter. Turned out the food was pretty good. This is a must see.

Visited March 2014
Corona
“Great dinner at La Madonna”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We dined at La Madonna to celebrate my wife’s birthday while in Cancun, and I really felt that it was the gastronomic highlight of the trip. Now, maybe I’m too easily pleased, but the meatball appetizer was fantastic, as good as anything that I’ve had at a higher end Italian restaurant here in the States, and my Spaghetti Bolognese was delicious! My Creme Brulee was also fantastic. All in all, really a great meal. My wife and mother in law both had the Veal Parmesan, and truthfully weren’t as excited about their food as I was - and at 495 pesos per dish, (about $38), I wouldn’t have been either. That’s ok, we were after all on vacation. The restaurant did bring a Tiramisu for my wife, unfortunately, she is not a fan - I had some of it, and thought it was good, but not as good as my Creme Brulee. I’d love to go back when I visit Cancun the next time, as I thought it was great - one word of advice though, if you are paying with a credit card - pay in pesos - the exchange rate is much, much more favorable than paying in dollars, and the restaurant gives you the option to select pesos or dollars - pesos all the way.