“Lovely, leisurely dinner!”

La Dolce Vita downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
La Dolce Vita downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 981 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Av. Nader
Description: Since 1983 La Dolce Vita Centro has been consistently rated as one of the top restaurants in Cancun, serving fresh seafood and homemade pasta, owned and operated by Tim Savio and Juan J. Casal. Dolce Vita means "Sweet Life" in Italian and that is how an evening here will make you feel. Our loyal clientele highly recommend the award winning signature dish Boquinete Dolce Vita, a local snapper topped with shrimp and mushrooms, enclosed in puff pastry, and served with lobster sauce. The service is refined and friendly, and dinner specials change daily to match the season. Ourdiverse wine list from around the world complements the dinner. La Dolce Vita is an ideal setting for small groups, business functions, parties, rehearsal dinners and other special events. Dress code: Casual, no cut off shirtsleeves for gentlemen. Private parking and free valet parking service.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely, leisurely dinner!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely, leisurely dinner at La Dolce Vita, just at the edge of Downtown Cancun. We made a reservation for 9:00 pm on Open Table for a Saturday night, but the restaurant was pretty quiet and we closed it down, though the staff did not seem to mind. The food was fresh and delicious, but be prepared for VERY large portions and many courses of different breads and pizzas in between. It's a little touristy, but still a great experience (and not nearly as touristy as what you'll find in the Hotel Zone) and I would go back, especially if I were with a group.

1 Thank samanthaonstyle
ladolcevitacancun, Propietario at La Dolce Vita downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your comment. Hope to see you very soon.

• Hebrew first
DFW
“It breaks my heart to say this, but........”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been dinning at their 'Hotel Zone' location for 15 years, and I'm so sad to say that it has fallen very, very far. Everything about this place WAS excellent, the location (new but just down the street since the hurricane in '08) the service, and most importantly the food. The portions have been cut in half, the quality-now average, yet their prices continue to increase. The "cheese bread" that for 10 years has been complementary with your meal is gone, replaced by a sad, boring tortilla baked and brushed with olive oil and garlic. The salads used to awesome and huge, now half their size, and at a higher price. Tonight I ordered a Shrimp Cocktail, easy-right? They were tiny little mushy shrimps that had obviously been frozen forever. A bag of frozen shrimp from the grocery store is better that what I had tonight. The last 5 times (in 3 years) we've dinned here, I've kept thinking it was just a bad night. I really do hate to say this but...tonight's experience will be my last at this location.

2 Thank Carol H
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Absolutely perfect... All of it. For sure it's my favorite restaurant in Cancun and one of my bests meals ever. Tip: filet mignon with pepper and for dessert the chocolate mousse!

4 Thank lyviaaaaa
ladolcevitacancun, Propietario at La Dolce Vita downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Excellent taste and choice. Thank you so much for your comment. Hope to see you soon.
Northfield, Minnesota, United States
“One of my best meals ever!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We ate here and watched the gorgeous sunset at the same time. The food was excellent and we even received an appetizer on the house. We also split two desserts and our total bill was less than 100 US dollars. Very reasonable for the service and quality! We will return here every time we are in cancun!

2 Thank Chad B
ladolcevitacancun, Propietario at La Dolce Vita downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for writing this review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit.
Looking forward to see you again at the restaurant.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolutely Incredible!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Wow - what can I say??? This restaurant was incredible!!! We were seated immediately and treated to complimentary tasty bruschetta. I ordered spaghetti carbonara which I can promise you was better than any that I tasted in Italy - and I sampled a lot in Italy!! Tons of large pieces of pancetta, mmmmm!!!!! My brand new husband ordred the shrimp and loved it. The owner stopped by after our dinner to ask our thoughts and we raved to him about the food and how it was our honeymoon. He had the chef make us the coolest Happy Honeymoon dessert and gave us lemoncello - both on the house. What a wonderful touch and great hospitality! We highly highly recommend La Dolce Vita to anyone staying in Cancun. Mange!!

4 Thank Jamie R
Thank you for this nice comment. Hope to see you soon at the restaurant.