“Fantastic food and setting!”
Review of La Capilla

La Capilla
Ranked #222 of 960 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Fantastic food and setting!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Our recent trip to Cancun we discovered La Capilla in the Marriot. We were celebrating a birthday and what a way to do it. We both had the salad bar which in itself is enough for a meal,but we both also ordered the penne pasta with vodka sauce. Get the half order. All was very good. Have the mexican coffee for desert. The waiter puts on a fire show making it and it is yummy! It isnt cheap but well worth it.

• Visited April 2013

Highlands, North Carolina
“Rude! Rude! Rude”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wow... so it was our last morning staying at casa magna, and i wanted our family to eat a good breakfast , check out, and head to the airport. I wanted to pay cash so my hotel charges could settle and i could have a final talley when i checked out. So.. I told the hostess i wanted to pay cash, she said fine. So...we've barely started eating when senor rude waiter brings me a room charge slip, I wrote cash on the ticket and put five 20's down. he comes over and says ohhh nooo...we can't accept cash, only pesos. Sorry i didn't see that sign anywhere. I continued eating and couldn't help but notice that i was being stared at by the waiter and a male manager. They were whispering, looking at me and snickering. Like I'm not going to pay my bil??? Ok, now I'm feeling uncomfortable, and have lost my appetite. So, I cross off cash and write my room number, tip 15 percent (rude, but not his faught they don't accept us dollars, even though the bill is totaled out to us dollars.) sign the check. Rude waiter comes over and says ohhhh...you're going to charge to your roooommm?? I said yes since you won't take my cash. Once again he goes back to manager and they're staring at me and snickering and whispering. Really???? Then he comes and takes my slip and says he's going to have to get another ticket, b?c that one was too messy. I said you can read it. He took it to a female manager and she said it was fine. I'm watching this. We hardly even ate, and I wished i had never gone there. My husband owns a fine dining restaurant and i run the front. My point is if there's a problem, have the manager come over and talk to me, don't be spineless and whisper and snicker behind my back. A manager is supposed to solve problems. Won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
cheshire
“Terrible service and cold food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on recommendation and were highly disappointed.
The staff could not cope with a party of 9 people, delivering half drinks orders and forgetting a bottleof wine.
The food eventually arrived only to discover 2 of the steaks were cooked wrong and steak cold along with expensive side dishes. The 'steak potatoes' had obviously been cooked and then re heated.
As a regular visitor to cancun , I would certainly never visit again. The experience was clearly an expensive 'rip off'

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Ridiculous prices for tourists.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I really disliked the high prices. I'm fairly well traveled and Cancun, Mexico, hotels are really charging ridiculous prices for mediocre food. The food was just ok. The exception was the salad bar….a lovely amount of choices and some really good bites…but it was $25 U.S. without taxes (which are 10%).

Visited March 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
“Wide Variety of Good Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Loved the copious buffet of everything from custom made omelets to Dim Sum. Nice view of the pool and inside exterior of the resort. But the price of about $25 means you better get your money's worth! We did and enjoyed it as a special treat before our flight home knowing we wouldn't eat for a while. For a daily breakfast, this is way too much food and money! Still, everything we ate was very good!

Visited February 2013