“Terrible service and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Capilla

La Capilla
Ranked #210 of 946 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
cheshire
“Terrible service and cold food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on recommendation and were highly disappointed.
The staff could not cope with a party of 9 people, delivering half drinks orders and forgetting a bottleof wine.
The food eventually arrived only to discover 2 of the steaks were cooked wrong and steak cold along with expensive side dishes. The 'steak potatoes' had obviously been cooked and then re heated.
As a regular visitor to cancun , I would certainly never visit again. The experience was clearly an expensive 'rip off'

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Ridiculous prices for tourists.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I really disliked the high prices. I'm fairly well traveled and Cancun, Mexico, hotels are really charging ridiculous prices for mediocre food. The food was just ok. The exception was the salad bar….a lovely amount of choices and some really good bites…but it was $25 U.S. without taxes (which are 10%).

Visited March 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
“Wide Variety of Good Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Loved the copious buffet of everything from custom made omelets to Dim Sum. Nice view of the pool and inside exterior of the resort. But the price of about $25 means you better get your money's worth! We did and enjoyed it as a special treat before our flight home knowing we wouldn't eat for a while. For a daily breakfast, this is way too much food and money! Still, everything we ate was very good!

Visited February 2013
“Poor quality of meats!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overrated and very expensive for the poor quality of meats. Ordered a 16oz sirloin steak, which was most a piece of fat!! Quite uneatable. Had to send it back. Two steaks, one salad, one side, & one drink $100.00US (without tip).

• Visited February 2013
Illinois
“unorganized mess”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We made the mistake of eating here while staying at the JW Marriott. I had high hopes because, we had stopped to take a look a few days prior and I thought I loved the ambience. It started off with getting the wrong drinks. I ordered an empanada which was good. Although, it would have been nice to have gotten some chimchurri with it. They just throw a single enpanada on the plate. For dinner, I ordered the smaller filet and my husband had the larger filet. My filet was prepared rare, not medium like I had ordered. They didn't come back to check on us like every other restaurant in the universe does. So to sum it up, dinner sucked and when the bill came, they gave us the wrong bill. The bill we got was much cheaper than our actual bill. I did the right thing and hunted down the manager to alert her and, to get the correct bill. Instead of showing any kind of gratitude, she just looked annoyed.
We will never return to this place.

• Visited January 2013