“Low Key Paradise”

$62.50*
and up
Chichen Itza Tour with Cenote Swim from Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Freshwater lagoon perfect for swimming.
Salt Lake City, Utah
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Low Key Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This cenote is a great way to avoid the crowds. Romantic, tropical, and visually stunning. Be sure to buy the fish food (for a nominal fee) for a unique interactive experience with the fish.

It may look shallow, be we had no problems jumping and diving off the deck and the rock ledge.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank seabrew

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
vancouver,BC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice spot for a freshwater swim”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went to this cenote, as we were told it was less touristy, and more natural.
There are rocky pathways, and small wodden bridges, if you aren't sure on your feet,
take good sandals, or reef shoes. Barefoot is fine, if you are sure footed.
We got there by noon, and there were only 2 other people there.
We dipped our feet in, and the fish came up and nibbled the dead skin.
My son put on his snorkel and mask and went around. He saw lots of fish.
After noon, it got busier.
A few local families arrived with all their picnic gear, and set up under a tree.
We only visited this cenote, so we can't compare it, but it was very nice.
$6 USD each, for the day.
I believe they sold snacks in the little shop, behind the desk.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank wendymcd
leicester
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“azul cenote peaceful spot to relax !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

we have visited several cenotes along highway 307 in the riviera maya mexico, this cenote is very peaceful and on the many occasions we have been there, there have been hardly any other visitors just a few locals enjoying there freetime.
beautiful clear water lovely to snorkel and very refreshing in the heat.
iguanas,butterflys colourful birds and dragonflys are all around .
very reasonably priced to enter.
we get a collectivo from outside our hotel and its only around 20 pesos to get there.
highly recommended place to visit.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank havanaLeicester
Ko Lanta, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good value cenote popular with Families. 60 pesos to get in and plenty of cenote to explore by snorkel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family stopped at cenote azul off the side of the highway headed to Tulum. It was less manicured than some other cenotes, with funkier paths, but we actually liked this because it felt more natural. Also for this reason cenote azul isn't set to handle huge tour buses (thankfully) so it was mostly families who had rented cars here. I would recommend going in the morning to avoid crowds, but even in the afternoon we enjoyed an hour or so of snorkeling and swimming here!

Palm Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of my favorite excursions to the Riviera Maya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

When my guide first brought me here, I must admit I was heartbroken. I had specifically asked for CAVE SNORKELING which DOES exist in this general area. Our hotel guide sent us here and since it was one of the reasons I had come to Mexico in particular I was very disappointed to see what I first believed was just a sinkhole - :( Since I was already there, I decided to grow up and give it a try even though I was disappointed, but when I snorkeled through, I soon realized that this cenote was truly like swimming in a big, beautiful, freshwater aquarium !! There must have been about 60 different types of fish to admire, all sizes, colors and shapes. There were little cave cutouts, though NOT the deep, dark, cavediving I had expected, it was beautiful and I would certainly return to this little slice of paradise :))

Visited October 2012