“Not so good this time”

Ranked #642 of 1,421 Tours in Yucatan Peninsula
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and diving tour to some of the hottest sites in the region.
Runnemede, New Jersey
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Not so good this time”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our 3rd time doing this tour. The first two times were excellent with Luis. This time not the case.The only reason I gave it an "average" rather than "poor" was because of the scenery.
Our guide Israel was training Leez (a new hire) so we were not given the expertise we had paid for. The tour company should have put an additional guide with the group. In the lagoon, we only saw a few larger fish, did'nt go all the way to the reef, and Issi dove only a few times. At the cenote, he encouraged people to jump, maybe so they could get more pictures. They spend more time taking good pictures (every person was required) than the actual diving. Then they sold the pictures at the end. At the buffet, get your chicken because it goes quick! No seconds.
There are many more (ex. Xaret Park) better options (same price).

1 Thank Annette234

Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a great tour! Our guide Nacho made the trip! No one had ever snorkeled before, including me, and he was very reassuring, making everyone feel comfortable. I felt like it was also a very good use of time. We visited the three locations. I liked the ocean inlet the best because I saw some bigger fish and coral. My husband liked the cave which I didn't like as much, so there's something for everyone! At the cenote you could also do a zip line into the water and jump off a high platform, and if you don't do it, you can just have more time to snorkel. Something to know, they had a photographer taking pictures which turn out really well. Make sure to bring an extra $30.00 for this in case you want to buy the disc after. Also the lunch they provided (buffet) was better than the food at our resort!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The trip was just what I wanted to experience in Mexico. Pure Jungle, nature and animals. Me and my mom had a great time and the tour guide Nacho was really friendly and entertaining. It is an adventure suitable for kids as well as adults. Fun guaranteed for everyone.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great tour”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This tour was perfect, three different snorkeling adventures in one trip. The price was great and we saw tons of different fish, a couple sting ray, and an eagle ray. The zip line and cliff jump we awesome and the cave was amazing. Nacho was our tour guide and was great, very knowledgable! You will not regret taking this tour!

Calgary, Canada
“Absolutely worth the money!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my first trip outside of Canada, and to a tropical destination no less, and I have always had a fear of water. Why I would choose snorkeling as an excursion, I'm not sure, but this one went from 7 am to around 3-4 pm. What I am sure of, however, is that you will have an absolutely amazing time with these guys. You get to go to three different locations, one to start out and help you learn to snorkel (cliff jump and zipline, hooray!), a cave (cenote) that looks a little spooky but they have lights underneath so you can see everything, its awesome. Lastly they take you out to a river inlet where you basically snorkel out to the entrance to the ocean, and you get to see lots of stuff. One tip, take your time with the inlet, lots more cool fish hanging out around the edges, although once we were out there we saw a baby sea turtle and sting rays!
I have to give it up to our tour guide, MARCEL. He could speak english, francais, and espanol fluently, so if you ever had any reservations about what was going on, he would gladly help. As well, he knew so much about the Yucatan peninsula, and was always smiling. Not to mention the photography crew, that took incredible photos, totally worth the 30 US (even though you can choose individual ones if you want). On our way home, MARCEL also did something I won't forget: he comes up to the van, saying we forgot our picture (that they print out for you), so of course I take a look and he's given us a second picture! Awesome guy, Marcel you truly are one classy fellow.

Visited February 2013