“When It's Good, It's Very Good”

Hotel & Suites Oriente
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Veracruz
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I visit Veracruz often but my first experience with this hotel. And, for the most part, a good experience.
My room was one of their king rooms in the new section. Basic furniture but all very clean and well maintained. The advertised balcony is really just a small area with enough room to step out. TV was good but I don't like the remote being attached to the nightstand since I wanted to use it in other parts of the room. The room had a safe but useless since it would not open.
If you need internet access , as I do, you might want to look elsewhere. When it works, it is ok. But after many attempts to repair it, I could never be sure I would have it available. To their credit they tried but that was only after a rude encounter with a desk clerk.
Having mentioned the desk clerk who was rude and only wanted to argue with me about the internet, I hasten to add that the other staff members were excellent and some of the most helpful I have encountered anywhere. And they seemed to be really proud of their little hotel. Many names I don't know but I will mention one I do know, Joel. He was outstanding. Seems to do a bit of everything. He carried my luggage, waited on me in the restaurant and I also saw him cleaning. Really an excellent, enthusiastic employee.
It is interesting that the staff was so good considering the manager would never speak to me and really would try to hide when I approached the desk and he was there. Forutunately, his staff is much better than the boss.
I would recommend the hotel. Just be aware of the internet situation. The location is superb.

Room Tip: Be careful with this. I was in the new section which is on the side facing the port, and only some t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RobertSDF
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Hotel & Suites Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Sir,

I feel sorry for the unfortunate events that may have occurred during your stay.
I appreciate the feedback and hope you come back to Veracruz someday.

Have a great day

There are newer reviews for Hotel & Suites Oriente

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I enjoyed the location, the friendly staff (only one English speaker), and the comfort of my room. I stayed here one week to enjoy the vibe of the centro historic area in Veracruz. The hotel allows you to walk almost everywhere and if you need a taxi they are right outside waiting. You will be in close proximity to Plaza de Armas (the main square) where there are plenty of restaurants and cafes for your choosing. I stayed in what is considered a suite and the price was excellent for one week ($350). There was a comforable king size with balcony (city view) shower with hot water. The WiFi had a few issues so I would advise people planning to use this as a business stay, that the internet is not always reliable; however, there is a cafe right downstairs (Sunset Coffee) that has excellent reliable WiFi, if you should have issues with the Hotel's WiFi during your stay. I couldn't give it an excellent because of the construction going on in reception and unreliable WiFi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Easylivingtravel
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Hotel & Suites Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear customer,

I hope you return to our city to see our new lobby, reception and restaurant.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Switched to this hotel on my second trip to Vera Cruz. Greatly enjoyed my stay. There are a few English speaking employees which was helpful for me. The only negative thing I can say is the elevator was out of order on our day of departure and carrying luggage down three flights of stairs is not fun. extremely convient to port and area attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorie P
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Hotel & Suites Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you liked the staying at the Hotel Oriente and appreciate the feedback you are giving us. Next time you visit us, if there is a problem with our elevator I'll make sure the employees carry all the luggage for you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We reserved a junior Suite (just a nicer room than the regular ones), we got it. Good service from all the employees, really went out of their way to please us. Basic amenities, basic furniture, very clean, very cheap, great people working there, the restaurant cooks like the food your mom would prepare (very good), and the best of all, you have a great location, close to go everywhere!!!! Would definately recomend it, just do not expect a fancy hotel! Remember, cheap, clean, good service, good food, great people!!!!

Room Tip: Remember to request a Jr Suite, they are recently renovated, everything new!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LaloChihuahua

Dear customer,

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

the hotel is comfortable and clean, the location is great and the staff is extremely kind. But the hotel is old and needs an urgent update, specially the furniture and the elevator. the rooms are big but over all I felt that I paid too much for what I got. Near to city center and walking distance (20 minutes) to Acuario.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback.

We will work harder to provide a better service to you and all our customers.

I hope you come back soon to the city of Veracruz.

Kind regards!

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel and got the key from a room that was not rennovated yet. This room was very depressing, worn out and not that clean. As asked if there were other rooms availible that i could see and got the key for a renovated one. This one was so much better! We had a very good time here, but it took some effort. The staff was helpfull even we didn't speak Spanish and they didn't speak English. The breakfast was poorest we had anywhere in Mexico. But for the price we paid, we can't complain...

• Stayed: March 2013
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Hotel & Suites Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Customer, Thank you for your feedback.

We will work harder to provide a better service to you and all our customers.

I hope you come back soon to the city of Veracruz.

Kind regards!

Joaquín Galguera Haces
Sales Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

For 24 dollars per night a nice room in the middle of town. Breakfast is included, but includes only a couple of biscuits, butter, coffee and juice.

Staff are very helpful and warm.

High speed wifi in all rooms for free and the megacable package on TV with dozens of channels

Room Tip: Although the rooms in the facade have a beautiful view to the park/plaza, better to choose a room so...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Hotel & Suites Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for your comments.

Joaquín Galguera Haces