“Be Careful”

Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Veracruz
Puebla
“Be Careful”
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I bought through their web site where they claim that if you find a cheaper price they will match it and deduct 25%. Expedia was cheaper to I called them up and they told me to claim this I would have to write an e-mail and within 48 hours someone would check and get back with me, but because their web site was listed in pesos and Expedia in usd this would not apply even if you used the most liberal exchange rate for the day... their site was more expensive. I canceled with them and bought through Expedia.... Expedia actually included a Continental Breakfast. When I got to the hotel to check in I asked them that if I ate the Breakfast Buffet instead of the Continental Breakfast what would happen and they told me I would pay the difference which made sense. The next morning we went for breakfast and when they charged me they would only discount 2 usd from the buffet saying that although the continental breakfast was 8 usd they could only discount what an employee would pay for that breakfast. Talking to the manager to explain the situation was useless until I told them that I wanted them to write down that they were only crediting me for $2 usd for the continental breakfast and that I would expect the letter when checking out. A few minutes later they called my room to say that they were going to do it, but with an attitude trying to make me look like a poor guy because I was complaining for 8 usd. It was not the money, it was the principle. The other thing you need to be aware is that if you buy your hotel room through Expedia they will give you the worst room available. They gave us next to the pool and right above the gym.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SpanishInstitute

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2006

9 times out of 10 I am put off staying locally around Mexico and commute from Mexico City. However, this time it was unavoidable, so what do we have? Medium size Hotel (approx 100 rooms) located on the main street of the town. Clean room with well laid out space (lots of room for laptop etc) full size TV with cable, free broadband.
Polite staff reasonably varied menu and room service support. Outside Pool not great but lots of space to lounge around! Gym is small but well equipped with newish machines.

Overall 7/10 (a prestigious score for my business traveling!)

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Veracruz
Holiday Inn Orizaba
#1 of 12 in Orizaba
Fiesta Inn Veracruz Boca del Rio
Fiesta Inn Veracruz Malecon
DoubleTree by Hilton Veracruz

Been to Fiesta Inn Orizaba? Share your experiences!