“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Veracruz
Villach, Austria
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have stayed in Emporio Veracruz many times over the last 7 months and we love it! The location is great, right on the harbor and Malecon of Veracruz. You can walk everywhere. The rooms are big and beautiful with great views. Each room has a balcony. The property has 3 swimming pools and an oriental SPA which I highly recommend. All of staff are friendly and courteous. We have tried several hotels in Veracruz and Boca Del Rio but Emporio is definitely the best overall experience.

Room Tip: Although all the rooms are lovely, try to get a corner room. They are the largest and also have the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank piepmatz72
Emporio V, Director General at Emporio Veracruz, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We appreciate all your comments. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you chose Hotel Emporio while you were in Veracruz. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto ON
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Room outdated but clean; check-in easy (we only stayed for one night as we were booked in Anticavilla Hotel Cuernavaca for one week) The breakfast restaurant was passable; the restaurant in the lobby downstairs wasn't. Still, for one night this place is okay and on the waterfront port.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Emporio V, Director General at Emporio Veracruz, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your short stay at our Hotel, we hope that when you come back again, you may enjoy all beautiful areas that Emporio Veracruz has to offer.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Those 20 years have taught me that Veracruz is among my favorite places in Mexico, and I have seen much of Mexico in hotels at all levels. I am unsure how to write about that entire experience with tripadvisor. For example, I know numerous hotels in Veracruz first-hand, either from staying there, visiting there, doing business there, or simply looking around there. I know a great deal about the port of Veracruz and other towns in the state. Anyone is welcome to ask me about all this if tripadvisor allows.

As for Emporio Veracruz, it presents itself as a resort with resort facilities, and it is in a most enviable, superb, Veracruz Harbor location, overlooking areas important to the history of Mexico. Downtown Veracruz and many other historic areas are within walking distance; a good beach is not, although best beaches should not be anyone's prime reason for going to the Port of Veracruz. A beach person could be disappointed. As for history, Veracruz is a gold mine; after 20 years, I am still exploring the mother lode.

My bottom line is that I disagree with most who complain about Emporio, and I disagree fundamentally with anyone who says Emporio is THE place to stay in wonderful Veracruz. For me, any night in Veracruz is a goal, and I have visited many other good places.

Tripadvisor wants to know when I traveled and with whom. What do I say? I have traveled solo, with family, with professional colleagues, and with a group as a host to Veracruz - because I respect its history and know how much it has impacted all of us worldwide. I fit every tripadvisor category on the next choice, so what do I do? Now, I am supposed to select when I traveled?

Room Tip: High, away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Emporio V, Director General at Emporio Veracruz, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We appreciate all your comments. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Hotel Emporio while you were in Veracruz. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback.
Turin, Italy
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you choose to stay in Veracruz, the Emporio is The hotel to stay at. Location is absolutely the best. It has been a Veracruz landmark for decades. It is recently renovated and in very nice shape. Service though lacks organization. The first night we discovered that the remote control for the AC was missing (there is no wall control). we asked for it, it took 4 calls before customer service answered, they said they would bring it up, and never did. The following day we decided to use the pool. We asked the pool manager to set up one of the wonderful sunbathe couches they have, they are large and covered in an elaborate way with towels. It had been used before and the towels needed changing. He told us he would send someone and never did. On the other habd the waitresses are excellent. Running around non stop to bring you excellent drinks and food. (try the mojito)

Room Tip: Pay extra for the sea view rooms. Makes the location worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 3Cuori1Capanna
We offer our thanks for sharing your comments about your stay at Emporio Veracruz. Thanks to the constructive comments we have the opportunity to continue to improve on a daily basis, I would like to share with you that our goal is to exceed our guest satisfaction in every service aspect. We have taken note of each of the points you mention. We sincerely hope you and your family will be back soon here at your home “Emporio”.
Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed November 18, 2013

we stayed over a long weekend and my family enjoyed it. my cousin recommended this hotel in case we had bad weather. definitely the indoor pool is a must for little kids those who have younger children know what a hassle it is to keep them entertained. The pool was always warm enough and the kids had a ball. The rooms were nice and clean. The only thing I would recommend is more attention to the leftovers left at the pool. I noticed one it was more than half an hour before someone went to clean them up. other than that I really recommended because you were also able to walk two nearby attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Emporio Veracruz Hotel. It is a satisfaction for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to continuously deliver the best possible service and your comments or of great assitance for all of us in order to maintain our focus on guest satisfaction. We trust you will continue to favor us with your preference for all your visits to the beautiful port of Veracruz.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

+liked the view from 9th floor
+Some of the staff were great, for example lady on executive lounge was really nice and great service spirit
+many basics right. For example shower and towels were clean
-wireless internet not working. Some of staff seemed to be aware. This is far from ideal for a business hotel
-when we got to room neither the safety box nor the TV remote control were working. They were both fixed however not features of really good places
-coffee kit's instructions resulted in diluted coffee
-fridge was locked and I was never told at reception. I'd have had to go down to reception, officially leave a deposit,etc.
-food in executive lounge (from one of the restaurants) was ok but not fantastic (e.g. Asked for white egg omelette and I literally got 1 very thin white egg layer with noticeable oil, little salt, etc.

I won't come back and don't recommend

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Emporio Veracruz. Your constructive comments allow us the opportunity to continue to improve on a daily basis, I would like to share with you that our goal is to exceed our guest satisfaction in every service aspect and we apologize for not fully living up to your expectations on this occasion. We have taken note of each of the points you mention and will strive to improve the same. We sincerely hope you and your family will be back soon here at your home “Emporio”.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I like to take our family for vacation to celebrate NYE every year. In 2012 we decided to give Hotel Emporio a try since we heard that it was a nice hotel after being renovated not long ago. I grew up going to the "old Emporio" when it was a 5 star hotel so I had good memories of it and was curious to see how the hotel turned out after Grupo Diestra bought it. At the beginning we encountered some problems while booking because the lack of professionalism of the two women from the reservation team who didn't speak English that well and sent emails that didn't look professional at all. I was so annoyed that I contacted the General Manager who thank God helped us with our reservations (4 rooms and 9 people attending their NYE dinner).He totally turned around the bad experience into a very comfortable stay. He didn't just refer us to the manager of the reservation department a guy who was super nice and spoke English perfectly (my husband doesn't speak Spanish) he also upgraded our rooms and made sure his team was attentive with us. Our stay was very nice and they really made us feel at home. They were always on top of our needs and wants. We never repeat our stay in a hotel for NYE but after our great experience we are considering to stay again for NYE and attend their dinner. Thanks to Mike (general manager)and his team for a memorable stay. We are looking forward to seeing you guys again this year.

Room Tip: You should try to go to the Spa. The people who work there are very professional and great at what t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Emporio V, Director General at Emporio Veracruz, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank You very much for your preference in choosing Hotel Emporio Veracruz and sharing your experience. It makes us proud to learn that we met your expectations, and that you and your family consider coming back again this year.