Emporio Veracruz
  • Restaurant
Hotel Colonial(Veracruz)
Hotel Imperial(Veracruz)
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat viewlos canariosla parroquiastandard roomtop floorstaff workingdinner buffetsky loungenice hotelstar hotelroom servicenice roomwalking distanceking size bedport areasmall bottle of watergreat option
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Conveniently located, beautiful views, good food and friendly service.
You can not get anything better in Veracruz for such price.
Dont miss el Gran cafe de la Parroquia, which is less than a block from the hotel as well as all the terrazas surrounding the Zocalo, also very close

Room Tip: Junior suites are fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jose P
Emporio V, General Manager at Emporio Veracruz, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Emporio Veracruz Hotel. It is a satisfaction for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to continuously deliver the best possible service and your comments or of great assitance for all of us in order to maintain our focus on guest satisfaction. We trust you will continue to favor us with your preference for all your visits to the beautiful port of Veracruz.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

When I arrived the front desk made it their business to provide me with a room to my liking; (it was gorgeous: top floor, harbor view, king size bed), and then they called to inquire whether I was happy with the accommodations. The entire staff here goes out of their way to make you feel at home and comfortable - housekeeping keeps you supplied with every little necessity, even picking up laundry and sewing on a button; maintenance keeps the grounds and pool area spotless and clean, security is friendly but present. At one point, one of the bellman even offered to drive me in the hotel shuttle to a little shop in the middle of nowhere to buy a bottle of torito (a local peanut liqueur) that I wanted to bring back to the US for a friend. When I checked out, they took me to the airport, again, in the hotel shuttle. The hotel is located on the Malecon in the city's historic section; it is not near Boca Rica where the shops and beaches are, but I preferred that. It was far less commercial (no Applebees, Bennigans, Walmarts, Sears, or Sam's Clubs here), and I enjoyed walking to the city's historical sights. The Malecon comes alive at night with people, music, food - even the ships and buildings light up festively. All in all, an incredibly nice stay that I enjoyed thoroughly. I cannot endorse this hotel and its staff enough.

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferable: better views on the east side and less noise from the AC units - Plus the top two floors enjoy cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres on the rooftop lounge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank washwestcc
Daniel S, Director General at Emporio Veracruz, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to make your comments, all of them help us to be a better hotel and give our guests the best quality of service.

On behalf of the employees of Emporio Veracruz Hotel, I Thank you!. We are certain that our employees make the difference.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

a newly renovated hotel in the heart of traditional Veracruz blocks from downtown located at the waterfront with very good restaurants and nice swimming pool

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank JDSS1

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Right on the port with great views of ships and town hall, this is a modern, chic hotel in Veracruz. Three pools (incl. an indoor one), and a jacuzzi, two in house restaurants, secure complimentary parking, and cool, fair sized rooms with balconies. Near to a couple of bustling cafes.

Great value for money, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ellen H

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I spent 1 night in the Emporio before my morning flight out. The hotel is located in the central area with a lot of historic buildings. It is located right on the water, put it is a working port with not much of a beautiful view. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I speak no Spanish, but there was always someone that could speak at least a little English and often a staff member who was fluent in English. The hotel buffet was good and reasonably priced. I booked the hotel on-line before my trip at the AAA rate. The rate I received at check-in was actually lower!

There is plenty to do and see within walking distance from the hotel or certainly by a short cab ride. The cab ride to the airport is about 20-25 minutes and if the hotel arranges it, it will cost a rate of 200 pesos (about $17).

The rooms are nice size and include free wi-fi. The tv had a good selection of channels in both English and Spanish. The bathroom was well stocked. Everything was clean and well maintained. There is a safe in the room. I felt very safe in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo