$52
$58
$70
$34
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $47/night.

$143
$33
Santa Prisca(Taxco)(Great Value!)
$30
$44
$36
All reviewsair conditioningbooked onlinegreat locationrooms are smalltownzocalo
Reviewed January 4, 2017

This hotel is very convenient to downtown Taxco, as are many other local hotels. Warning though - you don't want to drive through downtown Taxco. It's a royal pain despite what Google maps tells you. All streets are basically pedestrian streets and no one pays attention to parking laws. Stay on 95 for as long as you can.

I'm not a fan of this hotel. The staff was nice enough and the hotel was clean. No complaints there. What I didn't like was that one of our rooms had no window. It had a pseudo-window that went into a nasty, dark shaft with disgusting air and several ACs heating it up. The room was not the type we reserved either... not sure if that type would've been better. I think a large number of rooms in the hotel are like this. And our AC stopped working on the second night so we were basically trapped in a very hot and humid concrete box. At the least this place needs to be clear about the lack of a window and price those rooms differently (they don't, so it's a gamble).

Other things I didn't like - the chain lock on the door was missing the mating piece and there's very little security at the hotel (no one ever checked my key when I walked through the lobby). Plus instead of giving us disposable hotel card keys they gave us permanent keys with the room number written on them. So if I ever dropped that key without realizing it we're basically asking for someone to rob us.

To be fair, I think a lot of the hotels in downtown Taxco are like this. But this particular one is easily double the price of a comparable local hotel which would've had more charm and better food (the restaurant here was ok, but over priced and nothing special). And many local options were even closer to the town square. Next time I'm in Taxco I'm going with the local option.

Room Tip: Make sure the room has a window to the outside, not to the AC shaft
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2016

This is a nice and small hotel in downtown Taxco; rooms are clean,comfortable and have air conditioning. Note that not all the hotels have air conditioning, make sure you confirm this. The location is perfect to walking around and visiting all the attractions that this small town can offer, one day is enough to stay and this hotel is a very good option.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2016

We had a bad experience making the reservation with the credit card when we checked in we used one credit card at the moment for any expenses, and when we checked out we paid in full with another credit card. But the hotel charge me in both C.C´s the bank send me an alert about the fraudulent charge, I call them bank to check and they informed me that they were trying to make more charges in different places at the time I was on my way home from the Hotel Best Western Taxco. The Bank had to cancel my account as protocol and I was left with out my CC for the rest of my trip until I got back home were they send the plastic replacement for my CC. Be very careful don't stay at The Best Western hotel Taxco and try using cash but in Mexico nothing is safe. Come ready for dozens of people coming up to you to sell you silver at "reduce prices 30% or 40%" and also town people pulling you into restaurants since everybody in town works on commission.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2016

Loved it here. Room was Clean. View was great and short walk to all the sights. food was also good. The staff at the hotel were helpful. The streets are small and their the town is hilly so that could be a problem if you have trouble walking.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2015

As I said above, the mattress is not as soft as a Ibis Style Hotel mattress. The Location is very good in Taxco, close to the silver shops, restaurants and the main square. Equipped with Fridge and Coffee maker at the bedroom. There was NO safelocker sadly. The view from the TERRACE during breakfast is really really nice! It´s worth a visit and the breakfast, in case you haven´t the chance to dine at the top of some other restaurant's terrace. Breakfast is not included on the price. The bedrooms are very charming!

Room Tip: The bedroom's architecture is very charming, and there are views to the city's rooftops.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family