Villa de las Sonrisas B&B
Best Western Taxco(Taxco)(Great Value!)
$45
La Casa del Laurel(Taxco)(Great Value!)
$52
Hotels.com
$57
$48
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My trip to Taxco didn't start off all that well. Arrived in the worst storm in history, cab driver couldn't find the B&B, dropped me off at the Aqua es Condida, they didn't have a room but searched for me and found one at the Hotel Melendez (do not under any circumstance stay there). The bellboy was nice enough to escort me across the Zocalo with an umbrella which was funny in itself as I looked like a wet dog, my skirt which had elastic waistband was so heavy with water that I kept losing it and I was barefoot so that I wouldn't ruin my shoes. The room was a nightmare but it was dry and it had a bed, which I didn't check to thoroughly for fear of what I might find. By this time it was 11:00pm and I was dead tired having been on the road for 24 hours. At 11:30 just as I was dozing of the alarm in the jewellery store just below me started going off (was not turned off all night) and the Independance Day celebration started on the stage in the Zocalo just a block from the hotel, complete with kareoke and trumpets and all of that in the pouring rain, you've gotta admire dedication. The next morning I made my way to the B&B, the cab driver was older and knew immediately where I wanted to go: Sierra Alta 34. I was greeted warmly by Reyna the housekeeper (who spoke no English and as I speak only very little Spanish....) The B&B is delightful, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and there is plenty of hot water and a TV. Tthe main house has seating areas etc. The rooms go off of the inner courtyard that has a beautiful clean pool. So on Saturday I made my way on foot to the Zocalo to meet up with a friend that I had made on a previous visit. Unfortunately I was robbed of my wallet which contained a large amount of money as well as my credit cards and ID, bacially my identity. So when you go be careful. But I can highly recommend the B&B, it is owned and operated by Natalia Mejia Martinez and her dad Andres who owns Andres Jewellery store down on the Avenida. Very worth a visit as well.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank guschka
Reviewed August 6, 2009

The Instituto is a beautiful setting for learning Spanish. Fully-equipped class space and Natalia, the owner, arranges for qualified teacher(s). In addition to the classrooms the house is beautiful colonial-style, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, comfortable living room, very large dining area with bar, totally equipped kitchen, gorgeous pool, AND a terraza with a view 'to die for'.
We rented the house for a week and there were 5 adults and one baby and everything was just perfect. Morning coffee on the terraza with the view is incredible. We truly enjoyed our stay and plan to stay there again. The town square is a good ten minute walk but taxis are readily available or Natalia will make arrangements for a driver for you.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family