“Que lindo hotel! Beautiful hotel!”
Review of Hotel Loma Linda

Hotel Loma Linda
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Taxco
Miami, Florida
“Que lindo hotel! Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We travelled from Mexico to Taxco and booked the hotel for 3 nights ...we end up staying for 6 nights ! The view of our room was so dreamy... Looking over Taxco,mountains and sunsets!! The staff was really nice and hospitable! Hotel and location are very safe and away from the city daily noice.. While being there we looked at other locations to stay...but we really made the BEST choice to stay at Loma. People in Taxco were so hospitable in general. Safe to take taxis and combies 'little busses' everywere! Try mom and pap's restaurant 'Cosina Eli' down the street from the hotel.. They deliver to the hotel as well and the food is very good!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 2nd floor such 110 -117 have awesome views!! Rooms do not have AC's but the weather...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lares1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I was pleased with the location, the rate and the service after staying here while passing through Taxco. At the end of a long day driving it's nice to stay somewhere that's easy to find and has good access and lots of parking. The Loma Linda has it all. And the views of the valley and mountains are fabulous.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Tony R
Mexico City
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I have traveled to Taxco many times because it is just a two-hour drive from Mexico City, where I live. I stayed at this hotel for my honeymoon in 1988 and I have come back several times, then with my daughters, mostly because of its quietness and lovely location, right at the edge of the city. Another plus is that it has parking lot, in a city that has scarce places to park. Since the hotel is over a cliff, we always ask for rooms at the back, because they have a superior view of green mountains east of Taxco. The sunrise can be seen directly from the bed. Besides, I have always liked to take showers here with the windows wide open, because it's like being alone. Check my photos to see what I mean.

Unfortunately I have to say that whoever owns/runs this hotel does not know some basic administration. The location is absolutely perfect but the management should do much better, especially if they charge almost twice than an equivalent room in the Emilia Castillo hotel. I paid 880 pesos (about 75 dollars) for a room with one double bed and a single bed.

I must say that our room was clean. We had hot water, parking lot and cable TV. The towels were somehow run down but beds and sheets were fine, but I still think I paid a little more than what we got, especially in regard with the pool. I was about to take some time in the pool by the morning but then I realized the water had a cloudy appearance, with particles of dust, dirt and some other suspended matters. I decided not to tell the administration about the pool problem because it's obvious it should be clean at all times. It has been clean in my previous visits.

In one of our walks to downtown –a 30-minute walk from the hotel– we visited other three hotels for future visits to Taxco and we decided that the Emilia Castillo hotel was the best option. Its price seems more reasonable –550 pesos for a similar room. They do not have a pool or parking lot, but they have an agreement with the nearby Plaza Taxco parking lot (60 pesos for 24 hours). Besides, they have Wireless Internet Access, unlike the Loma Linda hotel.

To be fair, I still think this hotel would be a “better” deal than other places in town, like the Monte Taxco (expensive and regular) or the Posada de la Mision and its sister Hotel de la Borda (both expensive and bad), but I am sure it is possible to find better deals in Taxco.

The Loma Linda can be a good place to stay if you don't need a pool and you don’t mind about the price, provided that you want a clean room and would love to take a shower over a cliff in a quiet place. If not, I would recommend you to look somewhere else.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank EmilioMex
pittsburgh, pa
Reviewed February 14, 2008

I had a great trip to Taxco. I enjoyed the Hotel Loma Linda, it was a little walk from town (10-15min), but I enjoyed that. Also in that vain Taxi cabs are everywhere and if you didn't want to walk its a 1.50 for a ride back.

The room was comfortable. Modestly appointed but nice. A wonderful balcony with table and chairs and a wonderful view. The room had a TV and 2 double beds.

Also a beautiful swimming pool.

The staff was helpful. I would stay there again.

There were a couple of restraunts fairly close.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pjfdesigns