“Amazing evening - but with consequences”

Restaurant Casa Lum
Description: Restaurant Casa Lum offers a contemporary cuisine with regional influence. Start your day with a delicious à la carte artisan breakfast made with fresh, local ingredients. Relax with a cup of coffee, prepared by our Barista, while you delight yourself with the movement of the Andador de Guadalupe. Or enjoy a pleasant culinary experience at lunch or dinner in the company of refreshing beverages, original cocktails, wines and beers.
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

I had a really lovely evening there - the waiters are top noch, the food was tasty & at a reasonable price in my opinion, the Ambiente was lovely. However, unfortunately, the next morning I woke up with a minor food poisoning, probably from the salmon (should maybe teach me a lesson not to eat fish in the mountains). Obviously this experience clouds my evening a little - even though it was so wonderful. Maybe the other dishes are ok - I really hope so because they are delicious and the restaurant is really nice.

Date of visit: April 2018
CasaLum, Gerente at Restaurant Casa Lum, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Mayaneu,
Thank you for your review of Restaurant Casa Lum.
We are pleased to read that the service provided by our Staff in conjunction with our atmosphere were of your liking; however please let us offer you a sincere apology for what you mentioned happened the next day.
At Restaurant Casa Lum, we believe that our guests deserve the best care in terms of the preparation of their food and beverages and in this particular occasion we have failed you. We thank you for sharing with us your experience, this will allow us to improve our procedures.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to improve your experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We were expected to eat at a nearby restaurant which was better positioned in TripAdvisor’s list. The other restaurant took too long to accommodate us all (party of 10). Casa Lum us in immediately. The food was delicious but the services was out of the ordinary. Recommend the empanadas de plátano and the portobellos.

Date of visit: April 2018
CasaLum, Gerente at Restaurant Casa Lum, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Hector,
Thank you for your review of Restaurant Casa Lum.
We are pleased to read that our menu in conjunction with the service provided by our Staff were of your liking.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I ate here today for lunch for the second time in two weeks. The first lunch was possibly the best salad I have ever eaten! Extremely fresh greens from their own garden with strawberries, candied walnuts and a very wonderful tangy blue cheese. The balsamic dressing pulled it all together beautifully. I came back to try one of the very interesting regional soups on the menu, but I’m embarrassed to say that I succumbed to the hamburger! Sometimes you just need one! Turned out to be exceptional. I don’t often eat fries, but these were worth the calories! As if the food wasn’t good enough, I was impressed by the fact that they do not serve plastic straws and their to go box (I couldn’t finish the burger) is a paper product that is biodegradable. And the service was excellent. I will be back again!

Date of visit: March 2018
CasaLum, Gerente at Restaurant Casa Lum, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your review of Restaurant Casa Lum.
We are very pleased to read that our menu in conjunction with the service provided by our Staff were of your liking.
We are also pleased to read that you noticed some of our sustainable actions, Casa Lum is a sustainable boutique hotel certified by EarthCheck.
We will be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

After walking about town, my friend and I spotted Casa Lum, the restaurant and hotel. The restaurant was inviting and welcoming, with beautiful décor and comfortable seating. Over a glass of fabulous wine we took our time to converse and enjoy a delicious meal. I ordered chumtee (stuffed chamote), which is a local dish, and loved it! Marcelino, our waiter, took the best care of us and provided insights to the local area as well as the best food choices. I would highly recommend a meal (or should I say the experience) at Casa Lum.

Date of visit: February 2018
CasaLum, Gerente at Restaurant Casa Lum, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear Barb,
Thank you for your review of Restaurant Casa Lum.
We are pleased to read that our decoration, menu and service provided by out Staff were of your liking.
Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice during our visit to San Cristobal. One meal was our first night and then again for lunch. The food is good and the service very friendly. Vegetarian options available.

Date of visit: January 2018
CasaLum, Gerente at Restaurant Casa Lum, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear Ginger038,
Thank you for your review of Restaurant Casa Lum.
We are pleased to read that our menu and service provided by our Staff were of your liking.