other travelers have booked this property
House view from garden with Ginger, my Golden Retriever
House view from driveway Inside house view through front door entrance
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
House view from driveway
Inside house view through front door entrance
Living room to front door
Open living room to kitchen
Open kitchen to living room
Kitchen
Dining room
another view of dining room
Main bedroom-office
Main bedroom-office decoration
Main bedroom-office
Main bedroom closet
Bathroom
Bathroom sunken tub
Staircase to loft bedroom
View from loft to living room/kitchen below
View of loft bedroom
Loft Bedroom
Organic garden with fruit trees
Organic gardens with herbs
Organic gardens
Yyard with Ginger and guest dog
garden flowers
organic garden
location from back periferico to city center
view of Guadalupe Church from yard
Garden lily
view from yard, Church of Guadalupe
Hummingbird nest in pine-nut tree
garden with picnic table and bbq
strawberry patch
sunflowers in season
garden with Ginger
first pomegranate
view from yard
Downtown Cathedral of San Cristobal
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Fifilabam...
Mexico City, Mexico
“Disappointing house - less than Average”
Reviewed July 25, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We arrived in SC after a long arduous bus journey from Palenque and were so looking forward to melting into this house and enjoying our 3 week stay. Instead we arrived to a stuffy cat pee smell in the house which we didn't manage to get rid of the whole time we were there. The sofa was broken and reeked of cats' pee. The stuffing was coming out of dusty cushions. The floor was so filthy I had to put my shoes on as soon as I woke up. The house was so cluttered and filled with dusty objects. The cupboards were full of Janet's ingredients including the fridge full of bottles which had been there for months. the oils next to the stove greasy and gathering dust. The Plates and cups were chipped, the bed linen in shreds. The dining room we were told was out of bounds, was full of cat litter bags and cat food which was strewn across the table and floor. The smell never left the room, even though the room was scrubbed town and aired.
The dogs were very smelly and they had fleas, so we washed them and treated them on day 2 but to no avail. My son Gabriel was completely covered in bites from fleas in the blankets the whole time we were there. I notice that someone else complained about this on Air B and B but Janet didn't address this. We would have moved out, but we couldn't find anywhere else to stay.
Janet put us to further embarrassment by asking us to ask Marta to clean the house properly. In my view this was unacceptable. Marta is an indigenous local woman living in a one room house. I felt this was Janet's responsibility as the owner and boss not mine.
It pains me to write such a derogatory review, but I would hate another family with small children to go through the same experience.i also notice that someone else reviewed it badly in 2014 on Another website.but nothing was done about the same complaints. Janet clearly doesn't care, about her customers.

Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Aug 1, 2015
Dear guest, thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at my home. I apologize for the inconvenience. The situation has been totally fixed. However, as a published and honest journalist with a proven track record; I believe your review is a great exaggeration; because you don’t mention that you arrived 4 days earlier than planned. Under the circumstances I did not charge you for them so my housekeeper/manager, Marta, who you contradict from beginning to end, was totally at your service from day one, on the ball, fixing everything to your liking. Guests, please read the description of the property well before booking. It explains that the dining room is used for cats under the pet-friendly section but if the guest does not want that, we gladly find an alternative place for them which was done immediately. The defective couch was changed right away and a second one was also brought in; in fact one can see in the photograph submitted by the guest that it was taken outside of the residence. I also object to the photo of the torn sheets, since Marta would have never been placed such on any bed; perhaps it was torn by your child? During your stay you wrote me to tell me you were having such a fine time and asked if you could stay another three weeks, however since I was returning from the Mideast to occupy my house, I said no; is that why your review is so disturbed? Along with your correspondence you sent me photos of your child hugging my dogs so I should believe you must be a bad parent if you say in your review: “The dogs were very smelly and they had fleas, so we washed them and treated them on day 2 but to no avail. My son Gabriel was completely covered in bites from fleas in the blankets the whole time we were there.” ??? The photographs you sent me are so beautiful, including a party you made by the bbq for Gabriel; I will add them here to show folks what a kid-friendly place my home really is. Please future guests, judge for yourselves. My house/home is not for guests seeking American-style comfort but a unique Mexican experience. It was built by hand of traditional local materials including brick floors that may appear dirty but are washed; it’s filled with antiques that may appear dusty but are dusted; and many other unique treasures, including some of the very best of my published photojournalism work and my photo-paintings hanging all over the walls. Meanwhile the guest mentions one negative review on another popular website Air B and B which is only one of at least a hundred beautiful ones. And by the way, Marta is a wonderful indigenous woman who happens to be extremely intelligent who even has a cellphone she uses and knows how to make the most spectacular embroidery on the fine tablecloths provided. The everyday dishes that may chip with normal use are in the cabinet below are often replaced, but in the above glass cabinet, which obviously this guest failed to notice or mention, is the very fine perfect china which belonged to my great aunt. It really is a shame that these guests complain so much in the beginning yet at the end finally admit, albeit contradictorily: “The ONLY redeeming features of this house were the lovely location, the fabulous garden, which our kids enjoyed and Marta and her son Luis who took care of the house, they were so lovely and great with the kids and went out of their way to help.” IN FACT, Marta does not live in a one-room house like the guest says, she is like family to me: living in one room in the entrance to MY house that even has a television; and has full use of any of my three rentals on the property when available, including the huge garden filled with organic vegetables and fruit. Marta even raises her chickens there, in case a guest would like fresh ranch eggs!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing