My wife and I looked at a few options of where to stay in San Cristobal, but we were glad we picked the Casa Morada. It's just under a ten minute walk into town (downhill) and this was fine by us as we were far enough away from the louder central streets but close enough to everything you would care to see in San Cristobel.
Our room was on the first floor, it had a kitchen and dining table, sitting area, bedroom and bathroom / sink area. We had a small balcony with chairs to relax on which overlooked the courtyard which had a very comfortable hammock!!
The room was beautifully decorated, in fact we stayed in 5 hotels around Mexico on our stay, and this room had by far the most character. There were murals on the fireplace and above the bed, Mayan textiles on the walls and the bedspread and cushions too. There isn't air conditioning, however it's not needed. During the day it was mid-thirties, but as the sun sets it gets a little chilly due to the mountains, and I was wearing jeans and t-shirt & cardigan by the evening. They also provide firewood and matches to light a fire should you want to.
All around San Cristobal the sound of cockerels can be heard, and we did hear some early in the morning during our stay, but to me that added to the atmosphere of the place. This is semi-rural Mexico at its best.
The staff were very friendly, and ordered us taxi's as and when we needed them.
The hotel is also close to Na Bolom, which is a must for any visit to San Cristobal.
Overall this is a fantastic hotel - highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Casa Morada is a small boutique hotel with 10 rooms, 8 of them suites with one or two bedrooms located in the historic center of San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico. All Suites do have an equipped kitchen, dining and living room with fire place. Free WIFI access. Villas Casa Morada is an ideal place for an extended stay in the Highlands of Chiapas in order to discover the ancient Mayan Culture or even learn Spanish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villas Casa Morada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Casa Morada Hotel San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Hotel Casa Morada
- Villas Casa Morada San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico - Chiapas