“Best place in mexico so far”
Review of El Chalet Frances - CLOSED

El Chalet Frances
Cuisines: Diner, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located at the end of Real de Guadalupe pedestrian street (3 blocks from the Zocalo)in Diego Dugelay Street. No credit card. Only cash.Thank you.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place in mexico so far”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Too bad tripadvisor has the wrong address so use google to find it. The food is excellent and hygiene is top! The owner is french and we had a great conversation! Thanks for this great night!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank pheijnen

“Lovely French Cuisine”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter, who lives in San Cristobal, took me to El Chalet when I was visiting her from Holland. She had wanted to try it for some time and we were pleasantly surprised. The food (boeuf bourguignon) was delicious, the wine (Bordeaux) very good with the food, and the dessert with some mulled wine (Much like Gluhwein) a treat.
I will certainly try to go again before I return to the Netherlands.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank RoelineJP
London
“Excellent comfort food with great service!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found this small restaurant when wandering the streets of San Cristobal. I'm so pleased I did. Clean, decent food was just what I needed. The beef bourgignon was a decent portion and the chips perfect. I enjoyed it so much that I went back for lunch the next day to fill me up with a large chicken salad before taking a 19hr bus ride. It kept me going. Very welcoming owners. Thank you.

1 Thank LondonBluebird
Hong Kong, China
“Comforting French food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

It was a rainy night when we decided to dine at El Chalet. It was a very small place but had a very warm and cosy atmosphere. The French owner was so friendly and chatted with us about our travels and diving adventures. His wife, a Mexican, learned French cooking from his grandmother and was the chef in the restaurant. We had beef bourguignon and assiette which were so delicious and a much needed break from tacos, moles and empanadas. Definitely a excellent dinner place in San Cristobal!

1 Thank AndrewNg1982
Oakland, CA
“Excellent Simple French Food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

An intimate space with a limited, but excellent selection of food. If you want a change from Mexican fare, this would be a perfect choice.

1 Thank OaklandTraveler86