“Belil flavors”

Restaurant Belil
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Belil TRADITIONAL LOCAL - ECO FRINDLY - FAIR TRADE - 100% LOCAL ECONOMY Somos una propuesta culinaria que combina lo mejor de la cocina de Chiapas y la promoción de la economía local a través de la promoción y uso de vegetales orgánicos, lácteos y carne de la región. En Belil puedes degustar de una rica Sopa de Pan, Mole de Chiapas, Chile relleno en salsa de azafrán, crema de Chipilín, sopa mexicana de Hongos y por supuesto un rico y aromático café orgánico o una deliciosa taza de Chocolate. En tu visita a Chiapas tienes que hacer parada en este restaurante y vivir la experiencia de sentirte como en tu casa. Ven y disfruta la comensalidad de belil!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you are visiting San Cristobal de las Casas, I recommend you visit this great restaurant for a few reasons. It is located right down town. This restaurant promotes local and organic farming and their food is out of this world! We had a journey through flavors in just one meal. Every flavor I can think of was present. The owners and chef are so friendly, they make you feel at home and the place is really clean too. If you like something that you are eating there, the staff does not hesitate to share the recipe with you which is really cool.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

By chance my first meal in San Cristobal was here, thanks to the owner's friendly manner on the street. Not the main street, either, so it's relatively undiscovered still. My favorite spot to return to in the weeks since. Tamales, enchiladas, quesadillas, coffee, beans, all top-notch, the best food I've had in four months of travel in Mexico. Plus the owner is friendly, alternates with me in his learning English and my learning Spanish, and even provided helpful guidance for tour options. Oh, and the price is standard-Mexican-low. Wait, one more feature: skylight. : )

1  Thank NowickGr
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It has become a favorite for my husband and I... I am American living in San Cristobal, he is Cuban, just arrived to Mexico. It is clean and the food is excellent, authentic Chiapanecan food. Their 'Pan de Elote' is the best ever and all kinds of coffees. I must say that part of the goodness of it all are the the staff. Ricardo, the owner, knows everything about San Cristobal and is willing to give all info - from where to go and what to do to how to make any of their dishes. We HIGHLY recommend Belil for breakfast, a light lunch, a great dinner, or just coffee and wifi time.

1  Thank Bonniejeans
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very kind and attentive owners and staff, excellent service and food (I really enjoyed the enchiladas de mole, not too sweet like some places), nice decor and atmosphere. Fresh and natural ingredients. Definitely a find!

1  Thank Ricardo194
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were searching for a new place in San Cristobal and are we glad to find BELIL SABORES DE CHIAPAS... We were welcomed as soon as we came in,and decided on the local specialties. Some of the freshest and best ingredients we have had in a meal in this town... The owner indicated that all of his supplies were purchased from local sources, thus helping the indigenous population as well. The food was unique and delicious/. Very different mole from the ones we have in Oaxaca and subtle flavors of chocolate, saffron and assorted local flavors.. This will become one of our favorites. We will be back for more... Great atmosphere, unique decor well thought out and with fantastic details, and they assist local artesanal cooperatives as well....Great place

2  Thank Evelyne L