“Yum!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 15, 2014

GREAT tacos! Inexpensive, and always, consistently good. They open 6 pm and go till dawn. People keep looking for authentic Mexican food... this is it!

1  Thank Bonniejeans

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I know I'm going to have a great meal when the place is packed and I'm the only gringo in the joint. El Meson del Taco did not disappoint. A massive taco plate (I couldn't believe i finished it but it was that good) sliced right off the spit (or whatever you call it), perfect salsa and fixins and I was in taco heaven. A massive, delicious meal for 70 peso's (US$5). Go, you'll be happy you did - and you can split an order and be just fine!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Cheap and good. Not my Favorite al Pastor tacos in San Cristobal but still pretty good! A great mix of locals and the occasional traveller since El Meson is mentioned in some guidebooks. Great Salsas, and love the Horchata served in a clay mug, it's a nice touch and tastes great! It's few blocks from the Zocalo but it is nice to travel outside the center to visit some authentic local hot spots and really everything is close enough in San Cristobal, a city meant to be walked in. I definately would recommend this as one of the Top Taco Joints in San Cristobal Make sure to do some Taco-Hopping and check them all out!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

wonderful tacos al pastor- the best tacos I had while I was in Mexico! I got them with and without cheese and preferred the addition of cheese, which cost about 20 cents to add. Great value!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the place for tacos in San Cristobal.

Recommended to us by a local, we were thrilled to find the real thing. Home made tortillas, freshly sliced al pastor meat, mmmmmm. Tacos al pastor, only 7 pesos each.

Not a single tourist, other than us, in the place. A bit out of the way, on a quiet street, and it was busy, busy. That says a lot.

1  Thank pumpermum