“An excellent day out.”

MarcoSapata OenBici - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit San Cristobal and his surrounding differently! MARCOSAPATA OENBICI offers friendly environment tours by Bike, hiking or others. You can discover nature and cultural beauties of San Cristobal de las Casas and the surrounding area. Marcosapata, Marco Antonio Morales, appears in the Lonely Planet since 2008. (official Tour Guide, acrcedited by the official government tourist office in Mexico) The tours range can be from 15 to over 80km on roads or trails. We visit cultural or natural site. Tours last for 3 hours to a day, depending on the tour. Affordable prices from 250 to 560 pesos per person. Informetion: Av. General Utrilla 18 (just 4 blocks from the central park), Ask for Marco in the clothing shop, Bazarte.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We did a hike with Marco when we were in San Cris a few weeks ago. We have been travelling around Mexico for the pasts seven weeks and I can honestly say it was one of the highlights of the trip. He is extremely knowledgable about the history of Mexico, the region and its people which he shared with us throughout the day. We visited some caves and spent an hour exploring one particular one. After this we continued on to an old church in a lovely setting which boasted bell towers, one of the only of its kind in the area. On the way home we trekked through a forested are before making our way back into the town, exhausted but with a thirst for a very refreshing and welcome beer.
All in all it was absolutely brilliant adventure. A tour with Marco is a must do if you are in this area.

1  Thank hayesl2

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It took a while to write a review for Marco but I didn't forget because he deserves a great review.

He is amiable, patient with riders of low fitness, speaks spanish, french and english well, grew up in San Cristobal and thus knows the area and it's history, has a genuine respect for the indigenous peoples of the region (and always speaks a little Tzutzil when he encounters them in the forest or village) and has a passion for cycling and showing off his country.

We would not hesitate to recommend him and if we return we would do another ride with him for sure.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

It took us a while to get time to review Marco, but I promise we would because he was soooo helpful! We rang him in the evening enquiring about easy grade bike tours, and he show up in person to go through the different tours patiently with us. In the end, next morning, against his gentle advice, we picked a tour physically above our fitness, my husband was fine, but I was struggling against steep hills. I should have listen to Marco's advice. Marco was extremely easy going and patient with me, not only that, at the steepest hill, he even help me push my bike up! Our tour was 2 hours longer than it should be due to me being unfit, and he didn't mind one bit! And he was also a very passionate & informative guide on local culture! So do book with him to have some fun & culture! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Fairyland_Goddess
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had such a crazy adventure with Marco. We rode bikes on this beautiful road, descending from San Cristobal to Chiapa de Corzo. It was one of the most amazing things I've done, pedaling my butt off while feasting my eyes on spectacular views of corn fields and misty mountains.
The hard work paid off because we finished at this incredible waterfall that fell from a cave. We had a big meal and hiked in and around the cave.
Marco is friendly and knowledgeable and a native to San Cristobal so really knows what he's talking about. Plus he speaks great English and French and is just a really fun guy. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Really great guy this Marco! He is from San Cristóbal itself (speaks spanish, french and english!) and therefore knows the surroundings very well. I went on a few-hours-biking tour to San Juan Chamula and on a one-day hike to Zinacantán, both indigenous towns close to San Cristóbal. I had a great time because we went off the beaten track, through the forests and alongside a river and passing tiny places where the local people live. We also ate with a local family in Zinacantán, fresh made tortillas baked on woodfire. I loved the tour so much that I even came back to go on an 8-hour bike tour to Chiapa de Corzo, close to the Sumidero Canyon. A beautiful and tiring trip and very adventurous! If you really want to get to know Chiapas, I highly recommend all of Marco's tours!

1  Thank Laura B