All reviews cheap drinks private room beautiful garden common areas friendly place other travelers street noise hostel nigel beds mexico lockers dorm backpackers tours earplugs cons
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2015 via mobile

Great big friendly mega backpacker hostal. Lots of Europeans, Israelis and South Americans partying hard in San Cristobal aka Mexican Camden Town/Newtown.

Good bar, nice bonfire and breakfasts too. But tatty and very noisy streetside rooms, also the current volunteer staff not always that knowledgeable esp Danny.

If you are after a more Mexican/quieter experience probably not your kind of place. Try Los Camellos instead

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

I had a fantastic time at this hostel. The owner, Danny, and staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I felt at home in this hostel's gorgeous garden, kitchen, bar, and chill space. The (real mattresses) beds were comfortable and equipt with a locker per person. I had a nice HOT shower in their spacious bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and different every morning (2 options!). I ended up staying much longer than expected because of how great this place is. I highly suggest you stay there! You will never want to leave.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2015 via mobile

For starters I volunteered here. I've been sweeping my way from Mexico down to Costa Rica, and having made it here I can affirm without hesitation, this place is a backpackers haven for escape and socializing all in one. Spacious with unspeakably sweet staff. I'd mention the food, but hear me now there aren't even words to decorate the chow with its deserved merits. Just loved this place and stayed for 21 days. Upon reflection, I only wished I'd have become a full time employee. Also, free cocktail nights twice a wk

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2015 via mobile

This was a very nice surprise after going to a few dodgy places. Daniel and the owners are amazing. Really friendly, good English and helpful in every possible way. The breakfast is unbelievable, a lot more than hostel quality! They even have a chef that cooks the most delicious dinners. The place is beautiful, spacious and the bathrooms are really nice and clean. Even the wifi is great (better than in any of the cafes and restaurants around). This is a place to linger and get stuck because the hostel and city are both so nice. You miss out if you don't go here.

Reviewed May 30, 2015 via mobile

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, good rooms and bathroom (we stayed in a private room with private bathroom). The common areas are among the best I have seen in hostels: good kitchen, great bar and patio and even a garden with hamacas! The room could have been a little bit more furnished (no hangers or closets), but this does not take the five stars away. There is free breakfast - really good - and if you want at night they offer a cheap dinner and entertainment in the bar (free cocktail night on Fridays!!!). Highly recommendable.

Date of stay: May 2015