Hostal La Casa de Paco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel D'Monica(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
La Casa de Mama(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel Mision Colonial(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Nuestras Raices(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Mansion del Valle(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
El Mirador Hotel(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel Maria Angelina(San Cristobal de las Casas)
  • Restaurant
Las Escaleras by Inmense(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel Hacienda Los Morales(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
La Catedral(San Cristobal de las Casas)
  • Pool
All reviewsplace to stayhot watertourshostelpillowsmexicocourtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Paco was an amazing host!! We arrived in San Cristobal after a long 13 hour bus ride from Puerto Escondito. Paco greeted us at the door and immediately took us to the kitchen for fresh fruit, toast and coffee.

Once we were settled in our room we had a great chat about what to do about town for the day. He gave us a map and some fantastic suggestions. We had a fantastic day in San Cristobal thanks to Paco's advice.
He also arranged for a tour to the Palenque ruins and Agua Azul for the next day along with our transport to San Pedro the next day.
And if you need to scrub up on your Spanish skills Paco is a fantastic teacher.

Having arrived back from Palenque at midnight and not looking forward to the 6:00am bus the next morning we returned to out room with fresh flowers and fruit!!

What a host!

Rooms were tidy and clean, we felt safe and there was a relaxed and happy vibe here.

We loved San Cristobal and would recommend to everyone to stay here!

Nick and Kimberley

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I found this hostel by chance when arriving to one of the most beautiful spots in Mexico, San Cristobal de las Casas. Upon arrival I was instantly sure that THIS was the place for a solo traveler for me - not looking for luxury, yet interested in surrounding myself with openminded locals with great knowledge of the city.

The owner, Paco is probably the most hilarious hostel manager Ive ever met. He constantly goes on making jokes about everything, however he takes his job seriously and always looks after his guests. He's also very savvy on all the attractions, dining - and tour options in the region and always helps with advices for what one can do as a visitor. His sister also works on site and is an equally funny character as Paco himself. I actually didn't want to leave this place cause I enjoyed myself so much here.. One of the things I also liked instantly with the place is seeing how the staff treat the two dogs they have. They are adopted from an early life on the streets and couldn't be happier spending their time in the patio of this hostel daily (they are not inside of any room!)

At the time I was here there was an older gentleman from Germany living in the hostel that has been around for two years. He gives an extra value to the place by sharing from his life story and joking along with Paco that has become a true friend of his. A funny detail is that the German has made his room into a small museum of Germany. Something that probably started with an idea for him to not long so much home, but something that seems to have developed into a fun attraction for visitors. I've never seen anything like it.

The place is very big with lots of spaces to sit and work or hang out. I was there in low season, hence I had a dormitory for myself (and so did a couple of other travelers). The rooms have private lockers and are nice and clean. So are the bathrooms. Yes, there is enough hot water!

They serve breakfast and coffee in the morning that you can have in the kitchen or outside in the large patio under the sun. There is a fridge for visitors and good wifi on site. The hostel is within an arm's reach from a laundry, bakery and some restaurants, and just two block away from a supermarket. It's in walking distance to the city center.

Highly recommended for travelers with a budget!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

What I like the most is the serenity and tranquility.
Definitely it is a home away from home.
And I love it.
For long time traveler this is a place to stay you can get a better price if stay longer, and easy to travel out and comeback to the same point.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hostel is in a very quiet part of the city.The owners are extremely helpful. Plus something you will not find in any other hostel in Mexico,Absolutely free spanish lessons very professional! The lessons were tailored to my needs for the entire length of my stay.The instructor does it as a hobby.God,I love this place.Clean air,high altitude,very recommendable!

Peter Gross,Nurnberg germany

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I spent more than one month in San Cristóbal last spring. It was great fortune to know this place. The host Paco and Rosie were just great. They treated me like a friend and help me a lot for almost everything.
Overall the hostel is really clean and cheap. Nice kitchen and dorm. Real hot water shower. It is just 10 minutes walking distance to Zócalo. Nice and cozy neighborhood. There is big super market, Chadraui 10 minutes walking. You can also have a chance to meet nice, cool Mexican friends and friends from all around the world.

After my trip to Guatemala, I came back to the hostel to stay more.

Enjoy your staying in the hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013