Hacienda Don Juan Hotel
Casa del Alma Hotel Boutique & Spa(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$120
Sombra del Agua Hotel San Cristobal(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$68
$50
Hotel Bo(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$210
$185
Casa Santa Lucia(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$80
Las Escaleras by Inmense(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$110
$107
Mision Grand San Cristobal de las Casas(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$58
$52
Hotel Parador Margarita(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$37
Diego De Mazariegos(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$37
Mansion del Valle(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$45
$40
Guayaba Inn(San Cristobal de las Casas)
$119
Travelocity
All reviewsother hotelsbeautiful hoteltaxifireplacechiapascourtyard
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After reading the TA reviews I booked this hotel as I really like the idea of coming back to cozy dinner in front of the fireplace after a day out touring. However the restaurant was closed due to remodelling so there was no possibility to get any kind of food or drink service at the hotel. The hotel is located on a (heavily trafficed) main road in the industrial outskirts of San Cristobal (as noted in other reviews a 20 minute taxi ride from the centre). The surrounds are warehouses, factories, autoshops and the like with no ammenities such as cafe or restaurant. The 20 minute taxi ride becomes much more of an inconvenience when it is necessary for every meal or cup of tea. Also I found the room very noisy. I had room 14 which is over reception and has windows facing the entrance. The was traffice on the road all night. There was loud TV noise (also all night) coming from somewhere in the hotel and very loud snoring from next door so I guess the rooms are not very soundproof.
Yes the gardens are very nice. I didnt get much of a feel for the western vibe and decor appreciated by other reviewers as the restaurant, lounge etc were all closed due to the renovations. My bedroom was large and very clean. King size bed was comfortable with warm blankets. Free wifi reasonably fast and was always available. I was there in January and the rooms were cold so the wood burning stove was very nice. There is a 30 peso charge for each (small) bucket of firewood - 1 bucket lasts approx 1 hour.
Overall I wish that I had chosen a hotel in the centre of town. I don´t think it could have been more noisy and certainly would have been more convenient. My review may have been more positive if the restaurant was open and I think the hotel should have made me aware before I booked. There was communication between myself and the hotel regarding arrival times etc and this was never mentioned.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the front of the hotel. There is traffic noise from the road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lala2227
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hacienda. It is beautiful. The owner gave us recommendations on how to take advantage of our days.. he helped us build our itinerary and we had an amazing experience during our day trips.
The hotel is located about 10 minutes from downtown San Cristobal, but you can take a taxi ride for 2 dollars. The Hacienda has plenty of free parking for their guests, wifi is free, the room is always clean, it has a nice fireplace that will keep the room very warm during cold nights.
There is still a lot of things that we didn't do at Chiapas because we only went for three days; we know we will be back someday and i am pretty sure we will stay here.
In the morning they will have coffee and bread.. which was ok. They have a restaurant in the Hacienda but we were told that they are still remodeling it.
I forgot to say it cost us less than $50 a night. Can't beat that.

Room Tip: If you have problems with your knees, let them know ahead so they wont put you on the third floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bambamgp
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

What a hidden gem. This old ranch will blow your mind if you are into old fashion western gear and dark wood interior. Nice garden and fireplace as well..
The hacienda is a bit far from the zocalo, but nothing that a 2 buck taxi ride cannot manage.
Historic gem in S.C.D.C...

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in San Cristobal in the beginning of August with my Mom, Husband and two kids. We had two rooms viewing the garden, which was very quiet and comfortable. The working fireplaces are definitely a plus, specially with small children. They had a blast roasting marshmallows and cooking potatoes in the fireplace. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You feel like you have been transported back in time while staying with all the necessary comforts. The room prices are very reasonable. I think it has a lot easier access to downtown San Miguel than any Hotels in the center area, you just grab a taxi and they take you to the main square for about $2.00USD. No long walks to get from your downtown Hotel to the happening places. We absolutely loved our stay , we even extended our vacation one extra day. I would love to go back tomorrow, but oh well, that work thing :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank borondodon
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very nice hotel, the service was great, the decoration was very Mexican - All the staff are very nice people and give very good tips on the best places around San Cristobal. The restaurant is also really good with lots of choices. It is located about 10 minutes by car from the downtown, but the taxi ride is only 25 pesos.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family