See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2016

I stayed with my husband on May for 4 nights, and we have a very comfortable stay, the staff was very friendly specially the lady from the front desk by morning, she was helpful even in a rainy day she lent us a umbrella to go for a walk The hotel is just 2 blocks from the central plaza and very close to grocery stores and restaurants; The hotel rooms are very comfortable and very clean I really love the decoration very Mexican in a good taste, the Wi-Fi is goog I had to work an entire day and I don´t have any problems with the red , my only compliant is it was noise in one day due to some maintenance work in the next room, but at the end I would recommend this hotel and I would come back

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2015

I wanted to try this one at first and that is because I found out it was recommended in my traveler book by Fodor’s. Well, the first impression I got is bad. As soon as I got in, I greeted good morning and neither the girl not the man answered. The man stared at me like I was an intruder bur did not really care since that made me think He was the intruder. No uniform, outside of the counter… so I thought he was not part of the staff. Asked to see the room and very quickly a guide appeared. When got back from seeing the room I still found this man there so I assumed he was part of the staff. Maybe even has a nice respectable charge. He was well dressed. Well, the thing is that I did not stay that night but did come back the next day. The reception girl was quite nice. Room, nice and clean went to take a shower and… no shampoo! Luckily I had some left over only for one shower so when I went out that night I said the guy at the front desk that they forgot to put shampoo (and I think soap, as well) and he said that the room I got does not include shampoo! I smiled like it was a joke; It wasn’t. Then I asked to buy one or two and said no, they can’t sell them. So I asked for and exception and get one free. Negative. Just can’t. Ok. End of story. Next day I asked for a half hour late checkout and was said no. Just no. No ifs, no buts, no sorries. I asked why couldn’t I and said check out time was noon, which I knew and of course understood. Well ask 15 mins. Still no. I asked how many extra mins I could get and they said I had to leave at 1200 sharp. Did not like that. Well nice treat is not their thing I said. My last was to ask if I could leave my suitcase for some time. That was possible. Guess that’s one of the pros, but all hotel I’ve stayed at can do that, When everyone has pros, no one have them, I think.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank PDN N
Reviewed July 1, 2015

Nice hotel, nice people, great service. Very close from downtown and stores and museums. Price was he best. Has Cable tv, Wi fi, parking lot, hot water 24 hrs. A lot of little amenities for personnel care around the rooms.
Thanks for everything.
K

Room Tip: Fares according to rooms categories.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2014

clean room, good location. there was a lot of echo so you could hear everything going on outside. it is right next to a church, a lot of church bells and fireworks all night long (i believe that is a very typical thing of san cristobal.) they did NOT accept credit/debit card even though it is a chain hotel. the staff is very quiet and timid. the owner of the hotel was rude and not very welcoming. the room did not have a heater and it can get chilly at night.
its an ok hotel if you just go and sleep.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2014

No bilingual staff? What's that all about? Also, I speak nearly fluent spanish and I couldn't believe how every time I needed something from the front desk manager, this middle-aged woman pretended not to understand me.... Yet everyone else could understand perfectly. Oh well. This woman also kept being condescending with the guests and her staff. The worst was when I tried to make a call from my room and it didn't work. I called reception and she answered Buenas Dias at 1600PM and told me I would have to come downstairs to make the call... OK, that's annoying but what made it worse was when I got downstairs, she was verbally berating her staff in a firm voice in front of me. After standing in front of the desk with only her and three staff members for five minutes and even saying "hello" three times, I was completely ignored. Wow. How bold. Customer service? I have stayed in many Best Western Hotels over the years and it is my professional opinion that whoever certified this Hotel should take a second look at it.
P.S. it is very nice to look at but can someone explain to me why there is a 200Peso difference between a room that has a coffee maker and a room that doesn't? What is that?

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom floor so that you don't have to walk so much to give yourself service they are supposed to provide for you.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo