“Mountain Biking Excellent”
Review of Jaguar Adventours

Jaguar Adventours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a company dedicated to bring the best experiences of nature and adventure in the region of Chiapas, Mexico. Our purpose is making known the various tourist attractions of the area through mountain biking and other alternative activities (hiking, camping, pic-nic.)
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My friends and I we're extremely impressed with the biking tour. Although we did not have a lot of experience with mountain biking, our guide Mauricio was incredibly understanding and patient, allowing us to stop at any time for a break or for photos. The 23km we did was a little tough for us (as we were novices) and the altitude probably was a factor. However, the bikes were in good condition, and the tracks were amongst beautiful landscapes - farms, nature park, mountain tops and pine forests. We also got to explore some caves too which were incredible. Overall it was an unforgettable experience and a great way to explore the surrounds! Would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Mauricio took us out on this bike/hike tour called The Meeting. The bikes were in great shape and Mauricio did a good job guiding us thru the narrow streets of San Cristobal and out to the countryside. The hike was in Bosque Park, a beautiful protected area up in the hills. We learned the names of different trees and shrubs in the forest as we hiked up to the caves. Those were awesome and well worth visiting. I definitely recommend this tour, but make sure you are in shape because it does involve a fair bit of up and down over the 7 kms or so of the hike.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have booked our mounainbike tour via a guide who did not inform us very well on the conents of the trip. We were expecting much biking, but in stead, the 23 km trip consists of approx. 15 km biking and 8 km of hiking. The biking is ok, the hiking is just average, but the visit to the caves on top of the mountain you hike is excellent.

Muricio was a great guide and gave us an additional biking tour afterwards towards both ends of the city of San Cristóbal !

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Jaguar Adventours has amny tours\routes to offer to suit any level of fitness and skill. I chose the 23km, 5hr to 6hr tour (Ruta de las Molinos) that covered a varied terrain, little of which was flat. Dirt tracks, trecking paths, animal tracks, across fields, through bushes and over boulders though gullies were all included. The scenery was spectacular, babbling brook, open green pastures, lush tree cover mountains and pine woodlands. The route was a little tough and included some fun downhill single track patchs which at times felt like there was no track at all, only we were heading for a direction downward. The guide know the route well and gave excellent direction and hand signals. The guide was good at letting me set the pace but still leading the way. We would stop enroute and the guide would explain something about the history of the old churches and flour mills ect. The tour included 3 sets of caves, one of which I am sure is not on the normal tourist trail. The equipment was very good and I would recomment Jaguar Adventours.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This tour was really cool and a great way to explore the country/mountainside surrounding San Crisobal de las Casas. Mikey was my guide and he was awesome, showing me some great things including recently discovered caves and various local villages. He knew his facts and reassured me he was there to keep me safe and make sure I had a great time, which I did. Thanks Mikey!