“Very nice food”
Review of Restaurante Miura

Restaurante Miura
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Excelente lugar para venir en grupo o para celebrar una ocacion especila. Nuestro tradicional buffet a lo largo de 10 anos nos ha hecho uno de los mejores de la ciudad. Tambien nuestro nuevo menu a la carta y las especialidades de cortes sterlin silver nos coloca como el mejor lugar para comer en San Cristobal. Visitanos, no te arrepentiras
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Very nice food”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We ate here three times, the first time we had tapas although they were more like small meals one each was enough and they were very tasty. On the other occasions we both ate the rib of beef with mash which was superb, the wine was good too. We did not like the way the restaurant was open we always felt cold but the locals seem impervious. Super food we liked it a lot.

• Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
“A disappointment”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We picked this restaurant for one of our "special" splurges while staying for two weeks in San Cristobal. It started out okay, friendly waiter, picking the meat and tour of the wine cellar. We ordered salads and steaks and a bottle of wine.

We were in the beginning stages of eating our salads when one of the "worst restaurant sins" was committed. They brought our steaks and vegetables. I have a background in restaurants and this is totally inexcusable in a restaurant selling itself as top end.

You make room on the table - all of a sudden you rush with your salad - your vegetables are cold - your meat gets cold....We asked if it could be kept in the kitchen to keep warm. When our salads were done they brought our meat but the vegetables came about 10 minutes later. The meat wasn't that good either. We both had mounds of fat and gristle that we had them pack up to feed the street dogs. We kind of just wanted to finish and get out of there. Not very impressive for a relatively expensive San Cristobal restaurant. Although the waiter was friendly, they need to get it together with service.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I thought the food was extremely good and tasty. I enjoyed the decor and the friendly manner of the service. I recommend this restaurant very highly.

• Visited August 2013
Kingston, Ontario
“Reasonable steak”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The restaurant atmosphere is pleasant with very attentive service. The wine list is good and there was a Spanish guitarist playing that added to the atmosphere. The Gnocchi with pesto was good. The steaks were reasonably priced and okay for flavour. They salted the steaks, however, which interfered with the taste. It was a pleasant night out.

• Visited March 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A dreadful dining experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Being a no fuss Englishman I never complain about food, I just put it down to another experience. However on this occasion I felt the urge, as I was paying 310 pesos for a Porterhouse steak, at a highly recommended steakhouse. I asked for my steak to be cooked medium, the steak arrived still sizzling and on cutting, clearly grey, not pink. I called the waiter over to explain, who in turn got the Manager who asked what the problem was, I explained and he took it back to the grill. The waiter then came back over with a ribeye, will this be ok, as we have no Porterhouse. Yes, I said. The steak then landed back in front of me minutes later, clearly still raw! The Manager asks if its ok, no I say, its not medium. He then grabbed the plate from me and almost threw it down on the table next to us and proceeded to cut into it, telling me in a very aggressive way that is how I asked for it. No, I asked for medium! He then stomped off like a child that has had he's sweats taken away! Not the way I expect a Manager of an expensive steak house to behave! One of the waiters comes back over and asks do I want it cooked more, yes medium would be nice! The steak then comes back and is cooked correctly this time! In England we have many pubs that cook great steaks properly and for a fraction of the cost. How a steakhouse can get it so wrong is beyond me! Plus when the bill came my ribeye was charged as a Porterhouse, I didn't make the manager aware, as I feared that he would become violent!

I was dining with 2 friends whose steaks were a little better, well just slightly over cooked, we took the English approach and simply gritted our teeth and paid the almost 1200 peso bill, service charge was already included so avoiding paying the tip wasn't possible! However the waiting staff did deserve the tip!