“A bit disillusioned”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Today my husband and I went to El Argentino. The meat was good, but the service wasn't. We asked for tortillas from the very beginning of our meal and they didn't come until we were half way through the steak. The music was too loud.
It was a letdown. We went to the Miura a few days ago and the service and quality were superior.

1  Thank patricia v

Reviewed December 17, 2013

After traveling for months, I was craving a good steak dinner. I received an excellent 300 gm char-broiled marvelously cooked to perfection one! the meal all told was fantastic, as was the ambience and total attention from the waiter staff. Very reasonable prices and would recommend this restaurant for a fine dining experience.

1  Thank JillJohnston2013
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Good with a pretty good selection of Argentine fare ... but the prices are elevated because of the tourists.

In DF you would pay far less for similar Argentine fare. The pesto and the milanesa were pretty good.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Yesterday we arrived in san cristobal and went to el argentino to celebrate my birthday.

The food was very good (we had filet and chorizo), the service was excellent and the atmosphere was breathing argentino!

Because of my birthday we had desert with a small candle of the house and all staff and guests were singing happy birthday!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to the recently restored venue after the fire, and the Place is amazing, really nice ambiance tastefully done with some nice touches of charred wood from the fire incident. It has serveral seating areas an upstairs also a nice area with with verticle gardens! The menu offers many choices even in the 100 peso range, and The Argentinan meats can be a little pricey but are definately worth it if you want to splurge. I had the Vacio not the most expensive selection but very tasty, some friends we were with had the bife de chorizo which was also very nice, and we shared the Costillar which is one of the more expensive choices but was Amazing! Some of the Best ribs I have ever had, Thick juicy slab of ribs with the bones prior to cooking they weigh 1kg. I will definately go back, a great wine selection and excellent service. Location is Perfect right on the Andador with plenty of outdoor seating.