Awesome hostel that feels more like a family than a hostel.
Rudy the owner is very friendly and approachable.
He took us out on a day trip to witness an authentic celebration of day of the dead and then try some Mayan made local alcohol called "pox". Was a great experience.
Very relaxed environment at the hostel. Definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four years since opening, IGUANA HOSTEL is well known among backpackers for its family, chilled out and fun atmosphere. People come to the Iguana for two nights and they stay for two weeks... This is because Iguana Hostel can host only up to 27 people, so it's easy to make friends to share fun with, and we will always take good care of you. Our main asset is our staff: travellers on the road, who love making friends, and speak your language. The IGUANA HOSTEL is situated in a historic Barrio del Cerrillo, with a panoramic view from the terrace. The hostel is located near Santo Domingo a church surrounded and a colourful handcraft market, 2 blocks from the public market and only 7 minutes walk from the very heart of the city: la Catedral and el Parque Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Iguana Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Iguana Hostel San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico - Chiapas