It was cool place to stay, always friendly and helpful stuff.
Very nice location, next to plaza (square) with old church and nice benches to sit on and chill while viewing mountains surrounding the city.
In the hostel it's very nice too, equipped kitchen, place for bbq and fire, hammocks, sunny roof to make yoga etc. Guests are friendly for each other too, hanging out together, going to tequila bars together in evenings and etc. I liked always clean bathrooms with always nice hot water, things that you not always get in other places.
I recommend it if you want to truly relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four years since opening, IGUANA HOSTEL is well known among backpackers for its family, chilled out and fun atmosphere. People come to the Iguana for two nights and they stay for two weeks... This is because Iguana Hostel can host only up to 27 people, so it's easy to make friends to share fun with, and we will always take good care of you. Our main asset is our staff: travellers on the road, who love making friends, and speak your language. The IGUANA HOSTEL is situated in a historic Barrio del Cerrillo, with a panoramic view from the terrace. The hostel is located near Santo Domingo a church surrounded and a colourful handcraft market, 2 blocks from the public market and only 7 minutes walk from the very heart of the city: la Catedral and el Parque Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Iguana Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Iguana Hostel San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico - Chiapas