I am perplexed by the bad reviews but understand there are always the toursist(s) that expect everything as it is at the 5 star hotels. Those that cater towards people who travel but don't really put themselves into the culture they are traveling in.
All of the staff and volunteers where wonderful. They seem to be here 24x7, so if I have to wait while they chat; I am ok with that.
Our room was clean. The food was excellent and simple. The energy surrounding this museum (remember its a musuem first) is heartwarming.
P.S. the walk to town is a pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following the tradition initiated by Gertrude Duby, Na Bolom also offers rooms for our guests. Each one of the 16 rooms is an extension of the museum, decorated individually with old furniture, artwork, textiles and photographs from the indigenous villages of Chiapas . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Casa Na Bolom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Na Bolom Hotel San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Casa Na Bolom San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico - Chiapas