Hotel Casa Mexicana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Provincia(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel Plaza Santo Domingo(San Cristobal de las Casas)
  • Restaurant
Sombra del Agua Hotel San Cristobal(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Diego De Mazariegos(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Casa del Alma Hotel Boutique & Spa(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Ganesha Posada(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel Real de Valle(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel San Martin(San Cristobal de las Casas)
View Hotel
Hotel Posada El Paraiso(San Cristobal de las Casas)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice buildingwalkable distancebed was comfortablebring earplugsbeautiful hotelthe main squarestayed here for two nightscentral locationcentre of townfirst floorstreetnoiseblockgardenpatioheater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very small, no air conditioner. Our room faced the patio/restaurant and was somewhat close to the lobby so it was extremely noisy, although we changed rooms stayed the noise did not get better. The noise from outside our room was extremely loud specially at around 7 am due to the arrival of the staff and restaurant, you could also hear next room conversations, because of the lack of sound proof room's I would advice you to consider somewhere else to stay, if you can sleep through noises than this hotel is ok for you.

The food from the restaurant is good and the location of the hotel good too.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mlvs1
Reviewed April 5, 2014

It was the first nice hotel in which we stayed in Mexico during our group tour. We were lucky as we got the rooms in the part of the hotel that is separated from the main building by the road. When you pass the gate you see lovely small garden with 2 level building around the patio. There are sofas here and there outside so you can sit down and enjoy the sunshine and calm. WiFi will work perfectly not only in you room but also outside. The rooms in this section of the hotel are big and have big windows. There are 2 big beds in the room. They seem to be recently refurbished, only bathroom seem to be old. Room has a lot of space therefore I was surprised that there were not more furniture; a real waredrobe with safe deposit box would be very much welcome. The restaurant of the hotel was also the best one I experience during my 2 week stay in Mexico. The cuisine is rather international, breakfast provide a lot of choice and is really good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travellersfromswitzerland
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March, along with a small group with Superior Tours, ( I think we were 10 people) which operates out of Puerto Vallarta. I loved the hotel, its friendly, helpful staff, central location, spacious airy rooms, lovely decor, small garden, and fantastic breakfasts. We stayed in its annex across the street which was very quiet at night. In the evenings it was chilly, but the heater warmed the room within minutes. Restaurants were close by as were Oxos, pharmacies, and grocery stores. When I return to San Cristobal, I will stay at this hotel!!!!! It had a Mexican flavour and was extremely comfortable...everything I want when staying in Mexico!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Annex...I saw from a previous review that it was noisy in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bew48
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I think this hotel is really set up for group tours rather than individual guests. The hotel staff is mostly friendly (with some noticeable exceptions), but doesn't really function in English, which is fine for groups and we fortunately can function in Spanish, but others struggled with the basics. With a tour guide there is no need to worry since they should be managing any issues. The rooms are not at all sound insulated, so anyone coming or going (like a tour group in the middle of the night) will sound like they are in the room with you. It was very difficult to get a full night's sleep since the tour groups tended to come in after long evenings out and seemed to have difficulty finding their rooms (slamming and knocking on doors at around 3 AM, my iphone recorded 86 decibels as this was going on) For breakfast, the tour groups have assigned tables, in our case leaving no other tables in the restaurant at which to eat ours, though we did end up eating in the courtyard. (The incredibly sweet woman who manages to run the breakfast system despite the challenges does make a difference) On the positive side, the rooms were a very nice size and the beds very comfortable, and the breakfast food was tasty. We didn't eat dinner there after a couple of grumpy employee interactions, but there are plenty of restaurants around. The hotel is also very conveniently located, quite close to the pedestrian street. The hotel also has more rooms in a building across the street which might be quieter.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wineandtravellover
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My mother and I checked in at the hotel after a long trip from Puebla, plains, trains and automobiles literally! The first impression of the hotel was good overall, the hotel however is divided like in two big houses, one has the lobby, restaurant, front desk and rooms and in the second house more rooms. We were put in the rooms only house type.

Beds were superb, if you required nice mattress because bad back issues this is the place to stay, I rested my back very well every night after all the walking that has to be done in san Cristobal. However noise levels in the hotel are not good specially if you are staying over the weekend.

Can't comment anything regarding the hotel services, because of the location of the room separated from the main part of the hotel you will not interact with the personnel, you are there doing your business but isolated, this could be good or bad, however you feel about interacting with your host.

San Cristobal in the other hand is absolutely a breath taking village, if you enjoy, good and healthy food, relax and forget about the world then this is your place to be, you can really relax here. One bad thing though is to witness children as young as 4 selling things on the streets, is just bad and heart breaking.

Lastly, you only need a good bed to sleep when you are in San Cristobal, no need for more as all your activities, tours and meals will be done in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family