This property is actually comprised of two buildings across the street from one another. We stayed for two nights. At check in, there was a water truck with a hose running into a cistern right by our room. There were puddles on the floor where water was leaking from the hose. This was the first sign of trouble. On the morning of our second day, the hot water mysteriously vanished right about the time I was to take a shower. We were assured that the problem would be resolved quickly, and I stayed in the room while my family enjoyed the town. Unfortunately, there was no resolution for two hours. During the next several hours we were told a variety of stories that were mutually inconsistent. Eventually the front desk came clean and told us that they did not know when (or if) we would have hot water that day. The only solution they could offer was for us to take another room in the other building (away from the rest of our party). I am happy to say that our friends did finally get hot water during the night, but the way the hotel handled the situation was really unacceptable. The rooms themselves are basic, but fine. The location is truly excellent, in the heart of San Cristobal, very close to the pedestrian shopping areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the heart of the city, next to the cathedral of San Cristobal de las Casas. This hotel occupies 2 majestic colonial houses with unique beauties. The ocher colors, antique furniture and wood carvings, enhance the special style of the hotel. His beautiful courtyards have a XVIII century colonial architecture, unique in the city, perfectly preserved. The hotel has 76 rooms (2 master suites, 4 junior suites and 70 standard rooms), restaurant service with regional and international food service, room service, laundry service, parking, bilingual staff, a safe deposit box in the room , wireless internet, currency exchange, bar, medical service, meeting rooms, banqueting facilities and catering services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Diego De Mazariegos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diego De Mazariegos Hotel San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Diego De Mazariegos San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico - Chiapas