“A birthday treat”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

This is the best restaurant in San Cristobal. I came here with my fiancé for her birthday and could not of had a better dining experience. The chefs specials were incredible, the spaghetti with squid ink in particular!! The staff were extremely attentive and they even brought out a little cake with candles at the end. I can’t recommend this restaurant enough and if you’re in the area you should definitely check it out.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

The most delicious Italian I’ve had! I ate the spinach and goats cheese ravioli with burnt butter sage sauce and wow. Would certainly recommend

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My wife and I were traveling through several stops in Mexico and spent a few days in San Cristobal de las Casas. We had already been in Mexico for about 8 days when we decided to eat something other than the delicious Mexican food we had enjoyed so far.

The attendant at our hotel (Hotel Bo which was awesome) recommended Trattoria Italiana and it was an amazing dinner. The chef came out and spoke with us, when I asked for capellini (thin pasta) he explained he didn't have any, but he made some for me fresh on the spot and let me record him while he made it. My wife had a pasta dish cooked with bacon where no additional fat was added, only the bacon's fat and it turned out amazing. I had a delicious shrimp dish with my thin pasta and pesto that was so very, very good.

From beginning to end, the drinks, the appetizers ( a variety of bruschettas), the meals, the atmosphere, the chef and his lovely wife and child, it was just a terrific surprise how much we enjoyed it. When we return to San Cristobal, this is a must repeat stop and I'm comparing this with having been in Oaxaca just a few days prior and eating at high quality places like Criollo, Origen, Zandunga, Danzantes, and Pitiona. Trattoria was intimate, made you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in the door, and truly delicious. I wish them much success and hope to visit again.

Ivan

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal today. We ordered the mozzarella and prosciutto for starter. It was very fresh. I ordered the beef ravioli. I enjoyed every bit. My friend ordered the gnocchi with Italian mushrooms. Everything was very authentic. The service is very good. The location is not in the main square. It’s 4 blocks from downtown, so it’s great to have a quite and relaxing dinner.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Definitely the best italian Restaurant in San Ctistobal! In Trattoria italiano you can taste and feel, that Alessandro and his Wife are cooking with a lot of love and passion. They produce everything what they can on their own: so you can taste their homemade Pasta, prosciuto, cheese, ice cream, vegetables from their garden and much more. In Trattoria italiano we feel everytime very confortable, as Alessandro is welcoming us very personally and gives us the feeling, that we are his friends.
Thank you for everything, we'll definitely come back!

Date of visit: June 2018