“Fresh ravioli yum”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Had a wonderful meal there. We had salmon ravioli and beef lasagna. Staff couldn't speak English but we managed to get by.

1  Thank lushila

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were initially a bit nervous about the relatively empty restaurant but we soon got over that feeling, once the extremely friendly waiter came to our table. And soon after that, Alessandro, the owner, was also at our table telling us about the options for entrees. We never saw a menu, not sure if they have them, but regardless our food was wonderful. We both had homemade raviolis with great sauces, followed by a delicious flourless chocolate cake and tiramisu combo. To complete the overindulgence we had a digestif following dinner, an Italian herbal liqueur. Alessandro was wonderful, energetic, interesting, and the fact that the restaurant was a bit slow worked to our benefit since he had more time to talk to us. Go and enjoy.

1  Thank gilmore_roger
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped by for dinner on a Saturday night and the place was suspiciously empty for such rave reviews. The chief is an extremely energetic salesperson who as all great salespeople knows to sell himself before the product.
The restaurant uses the "no menu" method and direct interaction with the chef. The main speciality is fresh ravioli with a variety of fillings and sauces. Probably the best ravioli I have tasted in my life.
From the small handful of good restaurants in San Cris this was the best experience. However my only suggestion to the place would be to tone down the "payasadas", meaning that although the service was great and the chef a likeable character there was an air of pretension. (Notably the waiter stomping around an empty restaurant in heavy heels and answering in Italian "prego" to any request. Was very entertaining!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Without a doubt one of the best Italian meals I have had! The pasta, as several other reviewers have mentioned, is fresh and delicious. The owner and his wife, the chef, are charming and clearly know how to.make a meal memorable. The sauces are exquisite. I had mushroom ravioli which was delicious. For a first course, he made us small portions of 3 different items. My favorite was a sort of lasagna made with roasted poblanos, which was a delicious fusion dish. If you're in San Cristobal, don't miss this spot.

1  Thank velagato
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Not only the typical Italian fare... I had the most suprizingly delicious 4 Cheese Ravioli with a Mango / Chipotle Sauce! Who would have thought?! Not only was the service by my waiter impeccable, but the owner also came over to over to my table to see that everything was fine. I had been having some stomach problems after returning from the jungle and he not only recommended an herb I could buy in the market to take as a tea, he actually gifted me some to take with me. Inviting outdoor street setting which I didn't try earlier because of all the rain during my stay. I didn't realize what a wonderful interior covered garden the restaurant had and wish I had tried it sooner as I would surely have returned various times.