“Tasty Organic Quality”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Tasty Organic Quality”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've got to say I am a meat eater but on recommendation of JJ; one of our guides, I decided to vary my usually carnivorous diet and try La Casa del Pan. I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
I opted for a vegetarian pizza [ha, they don't serve any others!] but couldn't decide which 3 toppings to choose so I went for the lot. After a big night on tequila I thought an "energiser" fresh fruit juice wouldn't hurt the system either. We were a group of about 8 so the meals took a while to prepare, I soon learned this was due to the care and attention to quality that is shown in the food and is the first pizza I have had where you can taste the individual ingredients.
We enjoyed the meal so much we came back the following evening (15 of us) and were treated to Spanish guitar music and met the owner - Kippy. It is a tribute to this lady that she runs her business with a passion for quality and a synergistic attitude to the environment and the local suppliers. Service could be a bit faster though as we had one guy taking 15 orders and then doing the bills after dinner. Well done and highly recommended

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Craig C

Santa Barbara, California
“High quality food from local forest gardens”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Kippy Nigh holds high standards for her restaurant and quality is what counts. A meal at Casa de Pan is grown locally by reliable farmers who use traditional practices to produce a wide variety of food that conserves land, manages water, and builds biodiversity.

Your delicious meals at Casa de Pan promote good farmers and sustainable processes we must encourage around the world. We need to support our valuable farmers, just as we need to know the quality of our food. To honor the master gardeners will enhance our landscape and provide wonderful and healthy food for our tables.

Casa de Pan has taken responsibility seriously. The food chain from produce to table relies on careful farming, selection, cooking, and serving. At every level, Cana de Pan excels.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Anabel-2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice, a little rude”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at Casa del Pan for close to six years. Consistent, good food. Good buffet. Good atmosphere. However, I have recently overheard staff members berating customers because their Spanish was not great. One customer spoke very little Spamish and received a reprimand from a staff member half her age. I appreciate the need to speak Spanish in Mexico, and I even agree that it is necessary. I also think Casa del Pan needs to remain clear about their clientele and treat customers, even those who struggle with Spanish, with respect. I hope this is not a trend.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank danc60933
Izamal, Mexico
“visit Casa del Pan”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

As a vegetarian I highly recommend Casa del Pan. It has a diverse menu with organic foods and many vegetarian choices. Although there are many restaurants in San Cris, This is our favorite by far. The music at night was nice and the lunch buffet is really good. The coffee is great and we loved the health food store which is part of the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Overpriced, small portions”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a fairly expensive place, with US prices. Thus I was surprised that I left hungry, this meal being a splurge. I should mention that I'm known for not being a big eater too. I ordered a tostada but there were hardly any beans on it. To their credit it was delicious. But I had to stop at the little store attached to the restaurant on the way out and buy bread because I was still hungry.

Visited June 2013