Hotel Casa Vertiz
$102
$402
$232
  • Restaurant
All reviewsattractive courtyardwalking distancesanto domingorooms are clean and comfortablewould stay here againla ollawe've stayedsmall hotelperfect locationloved this hotelpatioskylightrooftopcasa
Reviewed May 16, 2010

INTERNET ACCESS - B / free but painfully slow
PARKING - N/A
GYM & SPA - N/A
AMENITIES & "EXTRAS" - N/A
OVERALL VIBE - B+ / very charming setting and "feel" compared to other Oaxaca hotels (and we toured A LOT!)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Nice room, no frills. Quiet, simple and clean. Good restaurant for Mexican food and excelent breakfasts (not included in rate.)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2010

The location couldn't be better. The service is great and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. After a bad experience at a B & B several blocks away, we were SO happy to be at such a warm, friendly place. Though the place is not "Americanized" and thus, if you don't speak Spanish, you will need to communicate as best you can, it was definitely easy enough and the people could not have been more accommodating or nice. Our plans needed to be changed overnight and we needed two rooms. Our internet reservation never got through (they said it's more reliable to call), so when we walked in, they weren't expecting us. But they found us great rooms and helped us as much as they could. The breakfast at the cafe in the beautiful courtyard was really fantastic, they make a mean margarita in the bar, and the restaurant right next door, La Olla, is one of the best in all of Oaxaca.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I LOVED this hotel!!! It was the best possible location - about 3 blocks from the Zocalo, 1/2 block to the Santo Domingo Church and Ethnobotanic Garden, yet was still quiet. It had one of the best restaurants in town for breakfast and lunch, AND the whole staff of the Hotel Casa Vertiz was friendly and accomodating. I would (and am) absolutely recommending this place to everyone I know. We stayed over Christmas (high season) and it was around $85/night, and well worth it. Breakfast and lunch for 2 including tip came out to around $12. They roast their own coffee, it was excellent!! Check out the pictures of the food and the view. If you're a plant lover, be sure and check out the Ethnobotanic Garden, only 1/2 block north on Reforma.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

When my husband and I decided to marry in Oaxaca we had to find a hotel big enough and affordable to house our immediate family. We chose Casa Vertiz after touring the place and we were happy with our decision.

Everyone enjoyed the openness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are nice and quaint. Beds are a little firm but I was able to sleep. The AC was good. The bathrooms are beautiful! The hotel was able to provide pack & plays for those who brought babies. Even when the hotel ran out of them, they were able to get a couple for our guests at no extra charge. The food was delicious. I highly recommend the coffee! The only small issue I had was with the bathroom smell. Every now and then you could smell sulfate from the pipes but this also happened at another 5 star hotel I stayed at in Oaxaca for my wedding night so I don’t blame the hotel, I blame the sewage system. The hotel staff was quick to provide me with messages left at the desk for me or get us taxis. The hotel is centrally located around the corner from Santo Domingo and walking distance from El Zocalo. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009