“One of the best meals of my life!”
Review of ZICANDA - CLOSED

ZICANDA
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant is so phenomenal, I actually lost my words and a single tear fell down my cheek when I bit into their octopus. I didn't think octopus could taste better than lobster; it blew my mind. The menu uses local fresh ingredients in exciting, innovative ways evoking molecular gastronomy and haute cuisine without any pretension. They have phenomenal service, a great mescal menu, and flavors that I'll remember for a long time. Atmosphere is fun, it's literally great for families or dates.

3  Thank Gibtrotter

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent they restore modern, with an incredible mural, delicious food, meseras nice. Very recommended

2  Thank Lizeth L
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Subtle, delicate art food and oh so good- all the beauty of an embroidered textile or Paul Klee. Chef Yannis ( don't know his last name) is from Oaxaca and worked in Chicago and Mexico City, bringing it all together at Zicanda (opened in January 2014). He calls it Oaxacan fusion but there is a delicacy to the flavors (try the helado- yerba buena and another mint , basil??) but start with the ceviche. Unbelievably fresh; for art food order the jicama salad and look at it for a long time. The menu offers authentic dishes that I didn't try, something with bone marrow- I'll need to go back. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere with a unique taste of Oaxaca not found in some of the other popular places.

1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had the Plantain Wrapped Fish with a Cactus salad and squash, amazing. The Mango Salad was de-lish!! Atmosphere is modern but warm and staff so helpful with items on the menu that we did not understand.

1  Thank Carson G
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Wonderful flavors, beautiful presentation, exceptionally competent and helpful staff. This restaurant opened in 2014, headed by a chef with considerable experience, who gives a new interpretation to Oaxaca dishes. If I could find a counterpart restaurant in the US, I would expect to pay several times what a couple of meals cost at Zicanda.

1  Thank SeaDon36