We recently stayed here for five days in February. The inn is well-located, in the old city but not in a loud, bustling part. The rooms are charming, clean, and simply decorated. The open courtyard kitchen is lovely and welcoming. The breakfasts are fabulous; different each day and unique right down to Maria's exotic delicious homemade jams (also for sale!). Maria is a warm and wonderful hostess. Her English is excellent, as is her knowledge of Oaxaca and surroundings. She offers customized maps of the city with museum, shopping, and restaurant recommendations, which were all great. She organized driving tours to local villages and cooking classes for us. We had a terrific time, and I would recommend El Diablo y La Sandia to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint hotel that has a different, fun feel to it. Our guests enter and lounge just as they would at home, made easy by our personalized attention and warm environment. We enjoy spoiling you with a morning breakfast, hearty and healthy, as well as providing an orientation upon your arrival to this wonderful town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your El Diablo y la Sandia Libres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Diablo y La Sandia Bed And Breakfast
- El Diablo y La Sandia Hotel Oaxaca