We two seniors arrived in Oaxaca after a week in Mexico City. This was our first time in Oaxaca, although we have travelled extensively in Mexico. What a beautiful city! The Zocalo is a joy.
The Parador San Miguel is extremely well located - we walked to all the sites of interest. The hotel is on a busy street and there is no parking, but you do not need a car. Although the traffic is noisy, you do not hear it inside.
The hotel is immaculate - not a spot of dust or dirt anywhere. There is always someone cleaning, painting, fixing, working. The front desk staff speak excellent English and are uniformly friendly and efficient. The rooms are superb. We booked a standard room which was entirely acceptable except for the fact that it contained only a shower and no tub. We upgraded to a "suite" (not really a suite as it is only one room, but that room is enormous - around 20 x 40 feet) with a huge bathroom complete with 2-person jacuzzi. The decor is stunning and the bed very comfortable. The view is of the inside courtyard which is lovely.
The food is not outstanding but entirely acceptable. Breakfasts are fine, sandwiches are very good. Food at the Zocalo is only 2 blocks away and you have dozens of choices.
An example of the service: one evening there was a private party in the restaurant and we had to take dinner (we only wanted a sandwich) on a very comfortable sofa in the courtyard. A maintenance man, speaking perfect English, came down off the ladder on which he was cleaning the wrought-iron railings, came over to us, and apologized on behalf of himself and the hotel for the inconvenience. Really!!
The hotel is not expensive for what you get. Do not use their Internet service or their bottled water, which ARE expensive relative to what is available elsewhere. Also, arrange your own airport transportation when you arrive and before you leave - 58 pesos per person for a colectivo rather than US$20 for a private taxi.
Would we stay here again? Absolutely!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, 20 minutes from the airport. In the historical downtown area, only a half block from the Central Alameda. The beautiful colonial-style building has three floors with 23 rooms, including four suites.Located on one of the main avenues in the city, the facade had a grand entry door of carved cedar, opening to a lovely porch with a statue of St. Michael the Archangel.A wrought iron gate opens to the hotel vestibule, where walls of ochre, terra-cotta, beige and cream combine with dark green ironwork and green granite columns to provide a dramatic backdrop for the brilliant bougainvillea and geraniums that thrive in the home's central patio. From here you can catch a hint of the spellbinding flavors of our Oaxacan kitchen. In "La Cocina" you can choose a magical dish to your specifications.Small gardens lead to the first level rooms. A majestic green granite stairway crowned with glorious stained glass leads to the second and third levels. On the second level terrace, you could relax or sunbathe accompanied by canaries in a kaleidoscope of multicolored flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
- Parador San Miguel Hotel Oaxaca