The hotel is just as others have said. Clean, great staff, great location, pleasant surrounds. There were birds, mostly natives ones, in small cages. Our room was right by the cardinal and oriole. They both appeared frightened and unsettled. All but one of the cages were quite small and birds could spread their wings, but pretty much had to stay confined to their perches.
Second floor standard room was comfortable and relatively quiet.
We stayed during Easter and kids' spring break, so the street noise level was high.
Average grade is due to the caged birds only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, 20 minutes from the airport. In the historical downtown area, only a half block from the Central Alameda. The beautiful colonial-style building has three floors with 23 rooms, including four suites.Located on one of the main avenues in the city, the facade had a grand entry door of carved cedar, opening to a lovely porch with a statue of St. Michael the Archangel.A wrought iron gate opens to the hotel vestibule, where walls of ochre, terra-cotta, beige and cream combine with dark green ironwork and green granite columns to provide a dramatic backdrop for the brilliant bougainvillea and geraniums that thrive in the home's central patio. From here you can catch a hint of the spellbinding flavors of our Oaxacan kitchen. In "La Cocina" you can choose a magical dish to your specifications.Small gardens lead to the first level rooms. A majestic green granite stairway crowned with glorious stained glass leads to the second and third levels. On the second level terrace, you could relax or sunbathe accompanied by canaries in a kaleidoscope of multicolored flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
- Parador San Miguel Hotel Oaxaca