Spent nine nights at this lovely and charming hotel at the end of October. I'm so glad that it was highly recommended to me and I'm happy to report that it lived up to my expectations and more! Traveled solo - I don't speak Spanish and I found it extremely cozy and friendly. The staff is terrific - very helpful and accommodating. They really strive to offer first class service in a delighful, but unpretentious environment. They even have bubble wrap at the ready that they gladly offered up as I was packing the fragile goodies I purchased during my travels. I adored hearing the beautiful chirping birds in the morning and sitting in the lovely courtyard. Room was large and comfy - I was on the ground floor -the first room. Flat screen TV with sooo many channels - not that I was there to watch TV, but I appreciated the many options in English. While they don't yet have CNN International, I'm told they are planning to add it to their package. As mentioned in other reviews, the towels shaped into adorable animals by the talented housekeeping staff were a daily delight - as were the flowers and chocolates placed in my room. It's perfectly located - just two blocks from the Zocola and a few blocks from the Soledad church. Muchas gracias to Jorge, Uriel, Mayra, Mariana, Judith, and all the wonderful staff who made my stay so special. Big thumbs up for Parador San Miguel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, 20 minutes from the airport. In the historical downtown area, only a half block from the Central Alameda. The beautiful colonial-style building has three floors with 23 rooms, including four suites.Located on one of the main avenues in the city, the facade had a grand entry door of carved cedar, opening to a lovely porch with a statue of St. Michael the Archangel.A wrought iron gate opens to the hotel vestibule, where walls of ochre, terra-cotta, beige and cream combine with dark green ironwork and green granite columns to provide a dramatic backdrop for the brilliant bougainvillea and geraniums that thrive in the home's central patio. From here you can catch a hint of the spellbinding flavors of our Oaxacan kitchen. In "La Cocina" you can choose a magical dish to your specifications.Small gardens lead to the first level rooms. A majestic green granite stairway crowned with glorious stained glass leads to the second and third levels. On the second level terrace, you could relax or sunbathe accompanied by canaries in a kaleidoscope of multicolored flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
- Parador San Miguel Hotel Oaxaca