We stayed at this hotel for four nights in early March. The Hotel is in a great location only a block from the zocalo, and close distance to the markets and other attractions of Oaxaca.
Hotel is very authentic and the room we had (standard) was large and spacious. Only one bottle of water per day was supplied but there are plenty of shops nearby to restock yourself. Bed was fine, it was a little hard but this is pretty standard in Mexico (well it is from our experience of the 4 hotels we stayed at!).
We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel a few times and really enjoyed the food and friendly service. The restaurant always seemed to be busy at lunch/dinner with both locals and tourists eating there. Prices are reasonable and comparable to elsewhere in town.
Reception were helpful organising transport when required.
Internet is available free to guests.
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, 20 minutes from the airport. In the historical downtown area, only a half block from the Central Alameda. The beautiful colonial-style building has three floors with 23 rooms, including four suites.Located on one of the main avenues in the city, the facade had a grand entry door of carved cedar, opening to a lovely porch with a statue of St. Michael the Archangel.A wrought iron gate opens to the hotel vestibule, where walls of ochre, terra-cotta, beige and cream combine with dark green ironwork and green granite columns to provide a dramatic backdrop for the brilliant bougainvillea and geraniums that thrive in the home's central patio. From here you can catch a hint of the spellbinding flavors of our Oaxacan kitchen. In "La Cocina" you can choose a magical dish to your specifications.Small gardens lead to the first level rooms. A majestic green granite stairway crowned with glorious stained glass leads to the second and third levels. On the second level terrace, you could relax or sunbathe accompanied by canaries in a kaleidoscope of multicolored flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
- Parador San Miguel Hotel Oaxaca