Had a one night stay there in Oaxaca on my way back from Puerto Escondido. The hotel property is nice and the location is good. However, compared to the cheaper and just as pretty B&B's which I stayed in, both in Oaxaca & Puerto Escondido, the management seemingly did not give a hoot about the quality of your stay. This became evident during my checking in when the room was not ready as was promied, and further cutting out the hot water (I don't know if to my room, the whole 3rd floor or the entire hotel) in the morning of my departure. That did not help the sore throat I was nursing, which then turned into a something far more onerous thanks to Aeromexico turning an 8 hour flight back to the US into a 24-hour nightmare in Mexico City airport... There are so many nice B&B's and hotels in Oaxaca, I am sure you can do much much better. My 2 cents ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, 20 minutes from the airport. In the historical downtown area, only a half block from the Central Alameda. The beautiful colonial-style building has three floors with 23 rooms, including four suites.Located on one of the main avenues in the city, the facade had a grand entry door of carved cedar, opening to a lovely porch with a statue of St. Michael the Archangel.A wrought iron gate opens to the hotel vestibule, where walls of ochre, terra-cotta, beige and cream combine with dark green ironwork and green granite columns to provide a dramatic backdrop for the brilliant bougainvillea and geraniums that thrive in the home's central patio. From here you can catch a hint of the spellbinding flavors of our Oaxacan kitchen. In "La Cocina" you can choose a magical dish to your specifications.Small gardens lead to the first level rooms. A majestic green granite stairway crowned with glorious stained glass leads to the second and third levels. On the second level terrace, you could relax or sunbathe accompanied by canaries in a kaleidoscope of multicolored flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
- Parador San Miguel Hotel Oaxaca