“Perfect!”

Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Oaxaca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this charming hotel. Impeccable service, gracious staff and spotlessly clean. With charm to spare, this place surprised me by actually being nicer than you can see in the pictures.
The food and drinks in the restaurant are delicious! And the front desk staff went above and beyond to help us have a fantastic Dia de Los Muertos. Thanks Uriel!

• Stayed: October 2010
There are newer reviews for Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca

Reviewed March 15, 2011

It has a beautiful couryard with birds in birdcages, they make pretty sounds. There are benches and tables you can sit and sip on coffee to relax.
the room itself- I am disappointed, that is has no window to look outside. there are small windows to the hallway, but the hallway itself is very dark and cold. Yes the room is cold as well.
The staff is very polite and nice, the location cannot be better, only 2 blocks from zocalo- however therefore very noisy with cars, ambulance, police sirens, and on top of it be aware of the church bells ringing that will sure disturb your sleep, if you plan to sleep in.
Last time I was in oaxaca I stayed at the Holiday inn, which I think had cleaner and better room with large window/patio to look outside, and more quiet. Next time I come back to Oaxaca, I think I will go back to the Holiday inn and just take the little hike (takes about 15 minutes) to zocalo or just catch a short tax ride.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2011

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was convenient to the walking streets and squares. Food in the hotel was very good for light bites and breakfast. On a main road so can be noisy unless your room is in the back. Church bells ring at 7 AM so be prepared if you want to sleep in. Rooms of various sizes so ask for details when booking

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Exploreress
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Hotel Parador San Miguel is close to the Zocalo, Oaxaca's city center. It is on a busy street, but many rooms are sheltered from street noise by the design. The hotel was immaculate and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I really can't rave enough about them. On the day my group left, they set up a superlative continental breakfast outside normal hours. They strove to please. Convenient location, caring staff, lovely rooms. Please go there and help them survive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MNArtist
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The on-line photos of this beautiful hotel do not do it justice at their website. It is one of the prettiest places I have stayed in and it was run by some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. This is a true gem!

My two best girlfriends and I made the trip to Oaxaca to experience Dia de Los Muertos. I was lucky enough to have a friend that made the trip for this wonderful holiday several times and advised me on what things not to miss while there and named a few lovely hotels... while researching those hotels, I came upon Hotel Parador San Miguel and was won over.

The location is amazingly ideal- practically next door to a lovely old historic church and only two blocks from the center of town, El Zocalo, with a little convenience store across the street, and a DELICIOUS restaurant right in the hotel. What more could one ask for? Well, let me tell you- we got all of that and then some!

First- if you are women travelling alone, this place couldn't be safer. They actually lock it down after a certain hour of the night- keeping it doubly secure w/ the front door getting locked and then the black gate leading into the patio that opens up to the rooms is also latched. When you return from a late night outing, you simply knock softly and you are immediately greeted with a smile and a genuine interest in whether you had a nice evening or not. They also advise you where you should walk and at what times and what to be aware of while sightseeing and wandering around town. They will even call you a cab and give them instructions to drop you off and then return at a certain time to bring you back to the hotel!

Second- any and every tour you could possibly want to take is available to you. And if you can't make up your mind which one to take- Abimael or Uriel will be happy to describe them all, recommend which to take and which are overrated, and even which they think is safest for you to take. And, which to take that will give you the most bang for your buck. The two tours we took, one 1/2 day tour and one full day tour, were AMAZING! The tour guides were total characters and made us laugh as well as get quite an in depth history lesson. When I returned and showed the over 1400 pictures we took between us to my family and friends, I was able to recite in detail the names of people, places and things- my loved ones felt like they were there!

Third- the rooms. Seriously- A gigantic bed that the three of us could have probably slept in w/out using that sofa bed. A Jacuzzi tub that three or four people could fit in if they should so choose. Wonderful smelling soaps and lotions, etc that we all ended up taking home because they were so special. Tiled floors, woven rug, enough room that even with three gals with more than enough luggage to spend 7 days there we did not feel crowded. TV (though we didn't bother with it), Wi-Fi, lovely decorations... the only negative- the mattress on the sofa bed sunk down the center and I could only handle two nights on it.

Fourth- one of the best restaurants in town right downstairs! How lucky were we that the night of our arrival it was the managers birthday and there was a full mariachi playing in the restaurant? Seriously? And they welcomed us to sit and eat in the restaurant even though it was a private after-hours affair. The food at this restaurant was so good. We all miss the Sangria and the Jugo Verde (green juice). Also- an amazing plus- all the water used for cooking, washing the veggies, even the ice is PURIFIED so NO MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE! Yay! So nice to not have to worry about every item we ate or drank! Oh, and the coffee that they delivered to our room in the mornings - so wonderful.

Fifth- in the morning- nothing like waking up to the sound of the church bells and the cenzontles seranading you with their lovely song from their cages in the beautiful patio downstairs. Everyone had a heartfelt buenos dias to give you when you wandered downstairs to begin your day and the Cafe Americano that they would deliver to our room in the morning made our days start off so well. My first day waking up at home after this trip
had me longing for the melodic morning and delcious coffee that I still find myself craving today.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I would recommend this hotel to my family and they are the toughest critics I know. And if that is not enough to convince you, picture this- on the morning of our departure (and it was an obscenely early departure) one of the wonderful staff woke up at that hour and came to not only see us off, but to drag all of our luggage down the stairs for us and place it in the cab he had personally called to come pick us up. And when the moment arrived to say good-bye, we ALL teared up, because we had become friends! How many hotel staff can you say that about?

I guarantee that if you stay at this hotel, you will want to return again and again. I know that I do! Gracias por las preciosas memorias Hotel Parador San Miguel! Eres de lo mejor!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank mvlara
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Stayed 4 nights, a charming hotel filled with beautiful decor in the courtyard and Canaries singing along, staff very nice and attentive, as we only spoke slight Spanish they where great, also free internet everyday very rare to find on our travels.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This is probably the nicest hotel I have stayed in in Latin America. Spotlessly clean, reasonably quiet, two blocks from the Zocalo. The property is beautiful, potted plants and singing birds in the courtyard.

A few areas for improvement: I think the staff could make a bit more effort to communicate. I have some basic Spanish, the staff had almost no English and spoke so quickly in Spanish, I could only guess what they were saying. Most were rather unfriendly, if doing an adequate job. This is kind of typical in Mexico, though. Also, when I made my payment through paypal, I think they should have sent a confirmation of payment without me having to send multiple e-mails asking about it.

These are minor complaints. If you're going to Oaxaca, Parador San Miguel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple