We stayed there for 3 nights. This place is perfect in every aspect and deserves more than 5 stars! I loved it and here is why...
It's a beautiful building complex with large breakfast area, where every day a different breakfast is served. The food is extraordinary: for instance papaya with sesame crumble, followed by cactus slices with mole, cheese and tortilla. Some guests who weren't up to that ordered scrambled eggs instead - and that was not a problem.
The place is huge and neatly decorated, one immediately feels welcome and at home.
I can't understand how people say this area is noisy. It's so quiet, you can sleep without ear plugs and the small side street is also very quiet as there's hardly a car passing by. You could hear the staff laughing every now and then, because they were enjoying themselves and you could tell they liked working there - which gave the entire place a place of warmth and familiarity.
The rooms are spacious and clean. On the first level is a terrace with a comfortable hammack. We spend two evenings sitting on a table on the roof which is a pleasant and private atmosphere.
From Ollins it's only a 5 minute walk to the center, so that is a plus.
We checked in at 5 in the morning and were invited for breakfast, and when we checked out, we left our luggage their until the late afternoon when we took the nightbus to San Cristobal de las Casas - we appreciated the kindness and flexibility.
Overall the service was excellent - the staff was extremely helpful and they really tried to make your stay special. The English and Spanish speaking couple who owns this B&B are very nice and kind people. They gave us some good advice on sights (they gave us a printed out map of Oaxaca), trips, hammack purchase, etc.
- Computer with internet access in the lobby area for free use
- You can fill up your bottle's with water
- Using refrigerator to keep your drinks cool
- Trying different types of Mezcal for 20 pesos
When we come back, we'll stay longer at Ollin's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ollin Features Mexican gourmet breakfast, Multilingual Staff, Upgraded beds and linen, Library. New -- computer with high speed connection available for guest use -- also available WiFi connection. Swimming Pool, Three outdoor patios to choose from. All rooms non-smoking. Assistance with all of your sightseeing needs. Free local calls, Free long distance calls to the United States. Laundry service available. Medical services on call. Roof Top Terrace. ... more less