“Great little place!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Chef Gabriel is wonderful. We came here originally only wanting a few drinks but ended up having a lovely long dinner. The mixed tapas plate had a great selection, the main tacos where full of flavour and a dessert of hot chocolate and truffles was amazing. Toping it off was good wine and reasonably priced beer with some complementary mezcal shots.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

De Todos Los Santos is the restaurant adjacent to the Casa Del Sotano hotel and the chef, Gabriel Ferrant is a master of fusion between European and Mexican dishes. His dishes were delicious and always unique. Really the food there is five star. And the Mezcal truffles made by the beautiful Rocio were exquisite. The warm and friendly atmosphere generated by them both made my time there most enjoyable. Highly recommended

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Gabriel is a great host, he takes time out to explain his passion and which is food and drink. He was very friendly and welcoming, the best service I have come across in Mexico. We came back everyday for the great views of Oaxaca City and the delicious Oaxaqueño hot chocolate. This is a place you should come to to sample this lovely restaurant with cosy decor and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed with friends at the Hotel Casa del Sotano in May, 2014 and I can say without hesitation that Gabriel and his wife made it one of the most welcoming, fun and tastiest stays at a hotel for us ever.
Gabriel is an excellent host and his cooking skills are divine. Both he and his wife are friendly and sweet, knowledgable about the local area, it's food and mezcals and can cook like no one else.
The chicken broth (which was recommended by Gabriel for my husbands upset stomach) was incredible, the tapas plate was unique and insanely delicious but the crowning glory was the dessert made by Gabriel's wife, Rocio.
Another great thing about De Todos Los Santos was the great outdoor drinking/eating area with a gorgeous view across the rooftops and of the bell towers of Santo Domingo, and the rooftop terrace where you could enjoy a few mezcals in the afternoon sun. Definitely try the mezcal tasting plate!
This couple with their hospitable, friendly nature made our stay in Oaxaca truly memorable and we left feeling as though we had made friends. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Oh, and make sure you get a hot chocolate!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Looking for a snack after a long day, we found de todos los santos open late and serving delicious tapas, soups and salads. After our first experience, we returned most evenings, either for dinner or dessert and drinks. Everything on the menu is made when you order it with fresh ingredients from local farmers' markets, and chef, Gabriel Ferrant, with his lovely partner, Rocio, create an atmosphere of welcome and warmth. For example, one night when I was feeling poorly and all I could think of to order was plain rice, Gabriel served me fresh chicken broth with rice, vegetables, and herbs. I felt soothed and healed by both the soup and the spirit of generosity with which it was prepared.

3  Thank Carol Gary S