All reviews hot water small coffee shop great location benito juarez tour desk chocolate shop busy corner chilaquiles balcony door yogurt comfortable rooms cute hotel gets hot directly across the street walking distance street side breakfast included
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

This hotel is a simple hotel in one of the original buildings in the City. It is across from the biggest market and less than 2 blocks from the zocalo so the location makes it a perfect spot to begin our tours. It is simple, provides good service, good healthy breakfast and is spotless.

There is a tour desk that can help find any kind of tour you might want to take.

Room tip: An interior room is quiet and with no elevator, bad knees need a lower level. They try very hard to accommodate so ask when you book.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2019

Built in 1935, this place is showing its age in its fixtures and maintenance. Each shower stall is supplied with a bucket. The object is for you to catch the water has to be run before it gets hot. The maid later uses this water to mop. In our room (second floor, facing the mercado) it took a good 15 minutes to get the water warm enough to shower!

Mediocre room lighting. My wife filched a lamp from another room so that both of us could read in bed. Lighting in our bathroom was almost non-existent.

A/C unit lacked much "oomph."

Tiny lavatory with no place to set your bathing/shaving/makeup items.

No elevator. Could sure use one.

So-so breakfast was kinda like what is provided at a U.S. "pop-up" hotel. Unforgivable sin: No brewed coffee. Instant only.

No bar. Just a locked refrigerator with beers and sodas.

Plus side: Good location across from the two main mercados. (Noise was not an issue). One block south of zocalo. Helpful staff spoke good English. Cab stand across street.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2019

I can't say enough good things about my experience at Hotel Trebol. It is right in the historic downtown, a block from the Zocalo. The rooms and the hotel areas are spotless and tastefully decorated. The included breakfast is yummy :-) And the price was fantastic. Best of all was the front desk staff, they took care of every request promptly and cheerfully, from taxi scheduling to luggage holding to restaurant recommendations and more. I will definitely stay here again my next trip to Oaxaca!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

I've made a reservation with Expedia for this hotel, but the system got the dates wrong (it changed the month from December to January by itself and I didn't noticed it until I received the confirmation email). When I tried to correct the reservation with Hotel Trebol, they said they couldn't do it and wouldn't cancel it, even though they knew I wasn't going to be there in January.
They CHOSE not to reimburse me, even though the reservation was made with the wrong dates. They CHOSE to be extremely unhelpful in order to keep my money. They are dishonest, I felt robbed.
I tried to go in person to the hotel to explain the situation, but they said they couldn't do anything because it was "an Expedia reservation", which was a complete lie as I found out later when I contacted Expedia Customer Service and they said to me that they asked to negotiate the canceling and the hotel replied them saying it wasn't going to do it.
Don't stay here, unless you want to be robbed by the most dishonest hotel staff in Oaxaca.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank tnkandre
Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

Really good location, great value for money. The garage was a real bonus.
Staff were really helpful and attentive. It's very handy for the main square and markets. NB do not under estimate how long it takes to drive to the coast!

Date of stay: December 2018