All reviews great location continental breakfast front desk staff lovely courtyard nice room the ground floor would stay here again felt very safe each morning historic district santo domingo casa city curtains
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2018

We have stayed in the upstairs rooms which are very comfortable. The location is ideal. The staff is very helpful. Parking is just around the corner. I am not sure whose fault it is, but some birds deficated on my car.

Room tip: The upstairs rooms are newer, lighter and have better ventilation.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Martín B, Gerente at Casa de Sierra Azul, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hello, thank you very much for stay with us and your comments.
Respect to the birds, we have to talk with parking owner. He has to have more carefully

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Thia is one of the best local old house renovated
The rooms are big , you have everything you need included
The service and cleaness are excelent also the food and the location are amaizing
It is a very good choice to try

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi, thanks for your comments, please recommend us with your relatives and friends.
If you have the opportunity come back with us, will be pleasure atend you again

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Loved loved loved our room at this hotel. It was quaint, charming, and covered in lush greenery. Our room was tucked away in a little courtyard and was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast included was fresh and delicious each morning. I was attracted to the hotel for its proximity to lots of things to do in Oaxaca and the free house bikes available, however I found everything we wanted to see and do to be well within walking range. The rooftop patio is beautiful and has lots of space to enjoy the stars, a drink, and good company. I would stay here again if I return to Oaxaca.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Martín B, Gerente at Casa de Sierra Azul, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

This kind of comments are the best motivation for us, and is compromise for the team be better every day.
Thanks.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I booked this on a great promotion from Expedia. It was quite the deal and I was surprised I would get such a fancy room as the ones pictured in Expedia and other sites. Well, I didn't get one of those rooms but one a lot less extravagant. I was a bit inconvenienced, because I can't even open my curtains because I'm in the path to the second level where the nice rooms are and people walking around could see every single shot in my room, except the bathroom. Then I remembered that I got a great deal and maybe that is why I didn't get a premium room. Also, the service has been top notch and that gives them a ton of brownie points. I only wish they would be transparent and provide photos of rooms such as mine. The location is perfect, close to the Zócalo but not so much that it gets loud. The food and the bar arw also very good for a quick bite. I highly recommend Cabuche restaurant across the street. I would still highly recommend this hotel, but some transparency would be appreciated.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you very much, for your comments, and I want to tell you that the rooms be in downstairs are the originales of the house from 1847, we have four rooms in the terraza area from two years ago, taht´s why are modern.
For us both kinds of rooms are nice,but we need to be carefully with the expectations our clients.
Please give us the opportunity if you come back Oaxaca to serve you again and when you make the reservation ask the new rooms or terraza area.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Purpose of trip: Tourism, First timers in Oaxaca.

Hotel grounds: 19th century charm, inviting courtyard, nice relaxing area on top floor.

Staff: Everyone except for one male Front Desk clerk was awesome. He was not welcoming and you could not crack a smile from him.
Kudos to the hotel Manager; he was responsive and greeted us every time we passed him. Also Kudos to staff members Adelia and Maria who went above and beyond!

Rooms: The rooms surrounding the Courtyard have an old world feel. Lacking was light and sound protection.
We moved to the more modernized rooms on the top floor due to the noise. These rooms could use a retouch and note, there was a swinging door for the toilet (not completely private). Other than that, it was a good night’s rest.
Note, during my stay, the staff was upgrading a room in the courtyard and they stated all the rooms were going to be revamped. We took a peek and it was nice; rustic furniture and the room color was a relaxing pastel.

Hotel Restaurant: Only utilized it for the complimentary continental breakfast and a few cocktails.

Location: Ideal! Close to the Zocalo and walking distance to the Andador Turistico, Iglesia Santo Domingo, and the city Mercados. Felt safe walking around...

Final comments: Good choice but would also consider reviewing other hotels in the same price range.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank bigedr
Martín B, Gerente at Casa de Sierra Azul, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thanks for your comments, now days the Front Desk Clerk not work more with us.
For us is very important that our guests feel good in the Casa de Sierra Azul Hotel.